Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Elementary WD 6 question

Because of other commitments I haven't touched WD6 in about 9 months. Now I'm back trying to stimulate the brain cells to recall what I had learned earlier.

I have placed a pop-up photo object from the gallery on a page, resized it and changed the photograph. I then copied by select-right-click-drag several times and repositioned these new objects on the page. When I attempted to change the photo in each of these new objects, the image in all of the photo objects was changed.

I know there's a way to make this change occur on only one object. But a search of Help and this forum did not turn up the answer.

Please remind me how this is done.

Thanks.

Bob

Xara Designer Pro X10; PaintShop Pro X7; Perfect Photo Suite 8; DxO Optics Pro 9.5; Olympus OM-5 E-M5; Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; 3.40 gigahertz Intel Core i7-3770; 16 GB RAM; AMD Radeon HD 7770.

Default Re: Elementary WD 6 question

Hi,
    My method of stopping that occurrence is to select my object and give it a flat fill first, then fill it with the desired Picture. I think CTR+drag the image to the object works also.
    JIm

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    Hi,
    My method of stopping that occurrence is to select my object and give it a flat fill first, then fill it with the desired Picture. I think CTR+drag the image to the object works also.
    JIm
    I tried CTRL-drag onto one photo object and the image in all of the duplicated photo objects on the page changed.

I then tried your method. I selected one of the photo objects and changed the fill to flat fill. That went OK. I then tried dragging a different photo onto that photo object, and the photo in all of the other photo objects changed, but the flat-fill object remained unchanged.

Perhaps I'm missing a step here.

Bob

Xara Designer Pro X10; PaintShop Pro X7; Perfect Photo Suite 8; DxO Optics Pro 9.5; Olympus OM-5 E-M5; Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; 3.40 gigahertz Intel Core i7-3770; 16 GB RAM; AMD Radeon HD 7770.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    Hi,
    JIm
    Jim, using your suggestion and starting from scratch -- deleting all the photo objects I had on the page and beginning again -- I was able to replace one photo at a time with CTRL+drag.

Thanks.

Bob

Radio? Hmmm? I kind of remember that. It was television without the pictures, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Radio? Hmmm? I kind of remember that. It was television without the pictures, huh?
    We painted mind pictures!

Just funning you. I grew up in the 40s. Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men... (class?)

Gary, the Shadow Knows.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update