Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Calender with pop-up images

I should like to make a calender for an art-gallery to show the date of their vernissages and exhibitions. I want to use an image, an inviting to the vernissage in the right date, as a pop-up layer. I want to show even how long the exhibition is going on. They use to arrange vernissage every second saturday, sometimes 2 exhibitions at the same time. They arrange sometimes other meetings, but it is enough to use text for these. I want to show the actual date and 2 weeks before and after, no more.
    Is there anything like this ready somewhere or can I create something like this?

Default Re: Calender with pop-up images

I'm not aware of any readymade calendar like that, but you could quite easily create it yourself in Xara.
    There are some calendar templates to get you started in the Designs gallery.
    You might want to use a spreadsheet program to quickly create all those numbers/dates (if you need them)?
    Here's a quick test with spreadsheet copy/paste (as EMF)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clipboard-2.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	29.5 KB 
ID:	80402  

I couldn't find any calender template in the design-gallery. Please, give me the names. The numbers and dates are not so important, only the vernissage-day and some kind of timeline for the 14 days the exhibition is opened. It is mostly to find a nice and logical layout if two or three periods of exhibitions overlap each other. I mean, that is not so important with calender-functions, it is mostly a layout-idea.

Names? They are under Photo Calendars, but maybe not in XWD, if that's what you're using?
    But if you don't need/want the dates I can't see that those templates will be of much help anyway?
    Timelines and overlaps should be pretty straightforward to make with rectangles, gradations and maybe transparency.

I wish it will always show the actual day in the middle of the timeline whithout my involvement. It will be up-to-date. I have XWD 6.0.1. and I have not Photo Calendars.

That would require some scripting, and possibly some database table (and scripting) to insert/read exhibition data from.

Yes, it would. And I wonder if there is any javascript with a nice calender-image for this purpose, adaptable to XWD.