Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

i did this with a can of WD-40 perched on my monitor, it's my first 100% XARA drawing i have done without any exporting to other apps. In order to get the reflective shininess of the can i simply placed a few bitmaps over it and faded them to almost zero. I'm not happy with the spray nozzle and i need to adjust the bulletted text in order to get rid of its 'flat' look.

Any constructive feedback welcome....cheers eric.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara-40.jpg 
Views:	341 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	6671  

i did this with a can of WD-40 perched on my monitor, it's my first 100% XARA drawing i have done without any exporting to other apps. In order to get the reflective shininess of the can i simply placed a few bitmaps over it and faded them to almost zero. I'm not happy with the spray nozzle and i need to adjust the bulletted text in order to get rid of its 'flat' look.

Any constructive feedback welcome....cheers eric.

Nice piece of work, eric. It's only missing one thing... the little red straw stuck to the side with a bit of sellotape [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

--
    Big Frank was
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Constructive feedback?

Nice highlights, but the perspective is impossible:

Try to decide where your eye level was when you drew it. The white top is drawn to appear at eye level, the top (big) rim of the can somewhat below that but the bottom rim only just below eye level again!

Have a look at my posts in Bruce's space thread for a fuller explanation.

Peter</p>

Peat Stack or Pete's Tack?</p>

[This message was edited by Peter Duggan on May 14, 2001 at 14:10.]

Would it be better for Eric to use a mould for the bulleted text or the shape tool to get the curve he needs for truer perspective? Also, should the silver rim on the bottom curve the same as the top of the spray can? Should it stay flat? I set a spray can next to me and there is a very slight curve at the edges, making the bottom rounder.

With all of that said, I'm ready to oil some squeaky wheels! It's a great image. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

thank for the advice guys, i did some work probably using long and tedious methods...
    i always lose them damn straws, don't you frank? frank!!! but this is from memory,the tape was tricky and aint too hot, i faded it but it went sorta milky, i'll try other ways, the perspective is better but,yes i know ...i'm very pleased with the shininess tho'
    cheers again....

eric

p.s. i was expecting a plethora of viscosity puns
    but perhaps you did'nt want to slip up.
    Attached Files Attached Files

How is that for damning with faint praise.

Really quite good, Eric. However see the bottom of the Xara In Space thread for some handy tips on how you could create a more convincing perspective.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Rarely So Humble...

Guess if nobody else wants to take up the pun challenge, I'll have to do it.

Real slick, Eric.

Having said that, I'll just slide on out of here.

Mike.