Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default print advice, please.

I am in the process of designing a logo for which the client asks specifically for the following:
    A logo similar in style to those of AlpineStar and Tiger Woods, ie a black design/text
    given a white contour, which has also been given a black outline. Again, specifically asking for;
    “All one color -- so we can screenprint in different colors if we want”.
    In the attached, am I right in thinking that my design will be fine against most backgrounds excepting black? In which case, what the client would need is a two colour design, (ie; black and white)? Sorry for being dim, I don't do a lot of print work.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fg.png 
Views:	112 
Size:	108.9 KB 
ID:	80337  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Default Re: print advice, please.

Hello Bob,

The solid black on the left is perfect for screen printing a single color--any single color. The patterned one on the right (the actual letter outlines), not so much. The screen printing process likes solids more than patterns in smaller areas. (Depending on their process of printing and what the object is being printed, they are not limited to a single color, but that's outside the scope of the client request I suspect.)

The black color of the design is what is transfered to the object being printed. So with the design on the left, I could choose to print a white logo on a black t-shirt, red on a white object, green on light brown, black on white ... etc. Whatever contrast looks good to me at the moment all with the same screen.

At a small size, it is possible that the "Feelin' Good" text and the outline around the logo may not be a heavy enough weight (thickness). Again, it depends on the object being printed and the process being used. We have made film for screen printers in the past and depending on whether the objects were hard (ceramics for instance can use lighter lines) or soft (clothing needs slightly heavier lines) we made variations of the design.

Take care, Mike

Default Re: print advice, please.

Thanks for your help, Mike. It was really useful.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.