Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

pgd6 portfolio animation with hoverovers

I have a client who would like me to create a portfolio for him displayed in a manner similar to the one on this page: http://www.gerarddesign.com/portfolio.shtml.

I know how to create an animation where the visitor can click on the small image and a new frame appears with the large image on the right, but I cannot figure out how to have the small image change upon hover-over before the visitor clicks on it.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Default Re: portfolio animation with hoverovers

Hello Monica

Create two small images, one for the mouse off and one for the mouse over. Place the mouse over image on the mouse over layer. Select both small images and Arrange > Apply Soft Group.

Now create a new layer that is over the mouse off and mouse over layers (F10 to open Page and Layer Gallery). Name this layer.

Place your large image on this layer in the position you want it to appear.

Select your soft grouped buttons and Link to the Pop-up Layer (click the Link icon on the Infobar).

Add as many thumbnail images (mouse off, mouse over, soft grouped) as you need and create a new layer for each new image.

Let us know if you need more help. That's why we are here.

Default Re: portfolio animation with hoverovers

Brilliant, thanks! This way I avoid having to create a flash animation! If my client insists on animation then I will query again.