Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: The rotation thing

No, my layout is for print only. Anyway, everybody knows that you can rotate the canvas (or workspace) in Photoshop and it makes a lot of things very convenient. I just cannot imagine why anybody could question the usefulness of this function as it is obvious to me.

Speaking Manderin is obvious to those that do it daily, but not so easy for those that do not.

Rotating the contents of the drawing area is easily done within Xara vector applications.
    Last edited by Soquili; 08 March 2011 at 10:33 PM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by dycs View Post
    No, my layout is for print only. Anyway, everybody knows that you can rotate the canvas (or workspace) in Photoshop and it makes a lot of things very convenient. I just cannot imagine why anybody could question the usefulness of this function as it is obvious to me.
    Boy, I guess I have been not keeping up with PhotoShop. In my version one cannot rotate the canvas.

dycs, what is an obviously invaluable feature for you obviously isn't for every person. Nor can I think of a single instance it would have been even slightly useful for me.

It is OK that we disagree. True?

Take care, Mike

To rotate the contents of the drawing area you can select all or marque select the object you want. Enable the rotation handles if you wish to move the center of rotation. Type in the number of degrees you wish to rotate the objects. Negative values rotate clockwise and positive values rotate anticlockwise.

EDIT: remove embedding code.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Soquili; 08 March 2011 at 11:41 PM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Did the last update to the forum software disable embeding of wmv file? It does seem that way.

Sorry but you will need to download the .wmv file to view it.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Maybe flash (swf) embedding still works.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

... everybody knows that you can rotate the canvas (or workspace) in Photoshop...I just cannot imagine why anybody could question the usefulness of this function as it is obvious to me.
    I don't

Those who have never seen the need for it perhaps?
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

What we Xara Users take foregranted is the easy way we can rotate individual objects and/or multiple objects.

In Photoshop it is more limited as the entire drawing is rotated, flipped, etc. as a whole. The terminology is slightly different as well

Quote Originally Posted by Adobe Photoshop Help
    Rotating and flipping entire images

The Rotate Canvas commands let you rotate or flip an entire image. The commands do not work on individual layers or parts of layers, paths, or selection borders.

Rotating images A. Flip Horizontal B. Original image C. Flip Vertical D. Rotate 90° CCW E. Rotate 180° F. Rotate 90° CW
    To rotate or flip an entire image:

Choose Image > Rotate Canvas, and choose one of the following commands from the submenu:

180° to rotate the image by a half-turn.
    90° CW to rotate the image clockwise by a quarter-turn.
    90° CCW to rotate the image counterclockwise by a quarter-turn.
    Arbitrary to rotate the image by the angle you specify. If you choose this option, enter an angle between -360 and 360 in the angle text box. (In Photoshop, you can select CW or CCW to rotate clockwise or counter-clockwise.) Then click OK.
    Flip Canvas Horizontal (Photoshop) or Flip Horizontal (ImageReady) to flip the image horizontally, along the vertical axis.
    Flip Canvas Vertical (Photoshop) or Flip Vertical (ImageReady) to flip the image vertically, along the horizontal axis.
    The same can be done within Xara vector and other vector applications but you must select EVERYTHING and then do a rotate, flip, etc.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Myself I hate Photoshop Xara rules...lol...but that's just my opinion
    "Rage"
    John S.
    ------------
    js-designz.net

photoshop is not a vector application its a raster one

anyone who does not understand the difference between an object orientated vector editor and a canvas orientated raster editor might miss the point completely

as Bill [soquili] says - it's dead easy to rotate in xara, but its just not done the raster way, which of course it isn't in illustrator either is it?

it's simply not necessary to rotate workspace [which incidentally is nothing like a canvas], and therefore it's not a basic function - ok?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...