Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Cool game pad [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I am really scratching my head over what to make....ooooww splinters,see [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Ah I will come up with something [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Stu.

cool controller Mark. I think the control stick could be a little shorter (If we're talking practicality!), but that's about it.

Randy, Marks design is pretty much correct. That's the way game controllers are designed these days: with the button columns raised, that wasn't a lack of modeling knowledge, I believe it was done on purpose

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Hey thx guys.

Randy... the 3 main body pieces are booleaned together. I made the mistake of taking the screen rip before i did that though - so that's why you're seeing the wireframe with all the components separated. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

But the full render is after the boolean. The sections just maintained the sharp edges where the parts were connected. I'll try now though to do the Fillet part you suggested. That might help smoothen up those few edges - i didn't like em much either. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Thanks again!

Ok heres my contribution [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Ok so its a mountain bike,I couldnt think of anything else to model...oh damn I coulda made a tooth brush...ahhh never mind [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Did I follow the rules this time?..or have I messed up again...I cant remember what the rules were anymore? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Cheers [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Stu.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Brush.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	35.1 KB 
ID:	15488  

hehe...

Hey Stu?...
    Explain to us please about how you constructed those bristles. Thanks! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I see an opportunity to learn an easy way to create a city scape. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Ah the evil looking bristles [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Ok I made the handle and then go to the point where I wanted to add the head and bristles,so I extruded 10m about 20 or so times to give me anough individual bristles,but they were not far enough apart to look individual,so I used inner extrude to give myself some breathing room,then I zoomed and just selected the inner {new} polygons and extruded by about 150 metres.I them bevelled the top of the of the bristles and used the move tool to pull them a little higher so that there was a little flat part on the top so that the bristle tip would stand out a bit more.

Excellent idea about city blocks Mark,actually wouldnt be easier to do that with a relief object,and then you could use different sized square brushes in PS for the grayscale and varying building sizes too.

Cheers.

Stu.

Heres a quick attempt with that building idea Mark [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Buildings.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	16.1 KB 
ID:	2889  

Stu,

I like the tooth brush and the city scape. Good technique. (sp?)

--Randy

Thanks Randy [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

The only thing about that technique is it can get really tedious zooming in and picking out heaps of little polys [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Not sure what you meant by {sp?}......maybe I have some new holes in the ol swiss cheese brain of mine or something [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Stu.

(sp?) means I am not sure I spelled the previous word correctly.

--Randy