Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Okay, okay...

Because the first contest was so successful (4 entries out of 3.2 billion people on earth...come on folks), the Second modeling-related contest is open and closes for judging on September 15th.

The topic? Create something simple that can be immediately recognized without the aid of textures or fancy lighting or background.

Here's my submission and example. It's a dart. I suggest that you limited your design to 5 or fewer children object.

Contestants must provide a picture and a wireframe of the model. This is modeling at its purest, folks. No other properties besides shape to lean on to create a "visualization solution".

Examples? A telephone, a fork, a chess piece, a 2-button mouse, a table lamp...you get the idea? Shape and not texture.

Regards,

Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dart.jpg 
Views:	532 
Size:	16.2 KB 
ID:	19974  
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com

Here is my contribution to the contest. This is my first model, wanted to bring it into poser but ran out of saves on my Rhino3D evaluation! I'm gonna have to save up my pennies so I can buy it some time, great program!

Steve Newport

Name:	D.jpg 
Views:	456 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	12584  
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

LIGHTwave - You got that right Randy! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

The thread is a 'sequence of rings,' Gary. I was thinking of actually modeling the spiral in SDS. One of the biggest rules for modeling, though, is to model efficiently - don't model something that won't be seen or noticed, and never go into unnecessary detail, or your project will never meet the deadline. And since a lightbulb isn't likely to be seen any closer than a meter (and when it is, it is most often in the socket), modeling the threads was on the other side of that efficiency line. Now if it were for an industrial animation to be given to engineers, detailing the proper installation of the bulb into a socket, why then that would be different! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

That's an interesting way to do threads Gary, and it looks like it works out pretty well.

Okay, okay...

Because the first contest was so successful (4 entries out of 3.2 billion people on earth...come on folks), the Second modeling-related contest is open and closes for judging on September 15th.

The topic? Create something simple that can be immediately recognized without the aid of textures or fancy lighting or background.

Here's my submission and example. It's a dart. I suggest that you limited your design to 5 or fewer children object.

Contestants must provide a picture and a wireframe of the model. This is modeling at its purest, folks. No other properties besides shape to lean on to create a "visualization solution".

Examples? A telephone, a fork, a chess piece, a 2-button mouse, a table lamp...you get the idea? Shape and not texture.

Regards,

Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com

Heres a quick attempt with that building idea Mark [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Name:	Buildings.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	16.1 KB 
ID:	2889  

Very nice Randy. Looks accurate, and detailed.

Man, I had forgotten about those disposable floppy disks until now... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Hi Randy...

I used to live in Manhattan, the glitter capital of the uncivilized world, and believe me---

I went to Studio 54 twice, and there were aliens.

Apanchewka zumbwata, K.

Name:	MiHS.jpg 
Views:	457 
Size:	81.3 KB 
ID:	9556  
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com

Mark,

Good looking game pad. The only suggestion I could make is that with Rhino's excellent blending power, is to blend the three main sections together.

A easy way is to boolean union the pieces together, then select solid fillet edge command, to fillet the joints where the sections meet. This will make it look like one piece.

--Randy

Hi guys (& dolls [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img])...

Ok so, here's my entry for the newest contest.
    If you're guessing it's a bowl of soup... YOU ARE SO WRONG!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Modeled in Rhino, leisurely of course [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img], in around... 45 minutes i guess. Never done this type of model before, so i had a couple things to think about; plus, i always "diddle" when i'm creating something. hahaa (and NO, not THAT kinda 'diddling'!) Doh! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Anywho... there it is!

Over...

Name:	gamepad_rendered.gif 
Views:	279 
Size:	28.8 KB 
ID:	19484  

Cool game pad [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I am really scratching my head over what to make....ooooww splinters,see [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Ah I will come up with something [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Stu.