Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Text box sizing

Default Text box sizing

I'm new to Xara,
    First - when working with text boxes it's frustrating that I can not drag the box from the side or bottom to make it larger or smaller. Using the height and width selector is a pain and not accurate, it jumps to a different size.
    Second - the placement of the text box changes when I view it as a web page. I can't test it by posting it because I can't take down the working web page.

I've looked around for the actural html but can't find it.

Default Re: Text box sizing

Use the 'T'ext tool to draw a text area for your text and again to resize the text area.
    The info bar selector changes size by ratio. Uncheck the aspect lock to size without the 'jumping' - but this is the wrong way to size text areas. (See above)

The placement problem is because you are not using and sizing correctly.

You can test these things by exporting locally - i.e. saving it to your hard-drive. The html is only created on export, Xara Web Designer and Designer Pro are not html editors remember. You can see it on previewing by right clicking and selecting view page source.

JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Default Re: Text box sizing

Welcome to TalkGraphics Nancy

As John suggests, you create a text area by dragging a rectangle with the Text Tool and then entering your text or pasting text into the text area.

Drag any of the small red squares with the Text Tool to reshape the text area container. The text will automatically reformat as you drag.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	text-tool.png 
Views:	89 
Size:	27.6 KB 
ID:	80306