Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Electronic brochure?

How this is the proper place to post this question!

I'm looking for ideas on how to create an electronic brochure for a product that I'm selling. I'm an independent sales rep and trying to put something together myself. (read: a bumbling novice regarding something like this!)

My idea would be very simple if it was a web site. Just one page but if you mouse over a graphic or bullet point it would expand into more detail. One option is PowerPoint but I don't believe it would be as clean of a look.

Can any of Xara's products do something like this? Does anybody know any other tools to create this type of product? Because I'm doing this on my own, I don't want to create a web site that somebody would have to go to.

Thanks for any ideas or assistance!

jz

Default Re: Electronic brochure?

I would stay away from using powerpoint. Go with something that does not require any plugin or downloading to view.

Even PDF's would be better, however you do not have this power with PDF, most people do have a PDF viewer of some kind.

I'd say stay with HTML. Most people will have images switched off on their EMail clients.

You can always put in a link to a site which may have interactivity, and used Xara Web Designer to create it.

You might have better results by creating a clever video and post it on Youtube with a link to your interactive brochure.
    Other products? Motion Artist or any Flash creating program will work, I'D say Xara and Motion Artist are really easy to use.

You could create it all in flash using Xtreme and then place it into a PDF file using Xtreme.
    True love is the ultimate truth

Adobe InDesign CS4 has the capability to export as a flash page flip file. You'll get all you need including Photoshop and Illustration which are both great tools.
    Last edited by gray; 09 April 2011 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Removed Link

I may be missing something here -- but XWD layers would seem to be perfect to this marketing and sales guy. The thing I like best is that the layer with details is instantaneous -- to the extent that I often use a different layout or color on each layer or my visitor may not even kmow it changed!

Yes! Xara Web Designer 7 Premium -- perfect for a simple page with popup pictures or text.

See for yourself -- I have a website at http://jon404.com ... the home page was made using Front Page 2003. Then, go to the art page at http://jon404.com/art.htm ... made with Xara WD7 ... in a fraction of the time! And without using hardly any of the capabilities Web Drsigner offers, besides the popup layers, which I really like because they keep the viewer on my page.

WD7 lets you easily get the look you want, instead of being constrained by program limitations (Front page, Dreamweaver). WD7 is PERFECT for making an electronic brochure!