Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default What am I missing on photo popup?

When I upload or preview website from XX5 with a photo popup set at 1100 it come up just fine and has a nice border around it. If I change the size - to 1500 - it changes the size.

But in WD6, no matter what I set the size it does not change when view on website preview. Also, has no border around it.

I have dim page, show shadow, and popup photo checked and size set to 1100 - the same size I set in XX5 - but when previewed in WD6 no matter what I set the size to it comes up the same size when viewed and has no border.

I must be missing something but I can't find it. - jb
    - jb

"A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes."
    www.brownpotters.com

Default Re: What am I missing on photo popup?

jb

I just tried this in WD6 and I had no problems. Make sure you have added the size you want and that you press Apply after you change the pop up size.

The white border is the Hislide default. Check out Sledger's Hislide Tweaks for more otions.

Tks, Gary - I did make sure that I have clicked on "apply" after making a change to each photo - even closed down the program, opened and did it all again but no change - still in preview it comes up the same size and no border no matter what size if put in.

I have uploaded the site using XX5 and all works just fine.

I will check out the link you gave me later - have to go right now.

Again, tks for the help. - jb
    - jb

www.brownpotters.com

This just in over the transom:

WD6 uses the highslide.js system for popups by default, Xtreme 5 does not, it uses the old style.

Highslide dynamically resizes the popup image to fit the browser window space. In other words, if the browser window space is considered smaller
    than the space needed for the original (set) size of the popup image (including frame and shadows), then the image will be adjusted automatically
    by highslide.js.

Xtreme5's popup system doesn't do this.

Interesting - wonder why they changed it as the XX5 worked well. Will have to check out the links to see if one can turn highslide off and revert to the XX5 way of doing things. - jb
    - jb

www.brownpotters.com

Again - This was whispered in my virtual ear in a distinctly Aussie accent with hints of a UK background:

He can apply the special name *NoHighSlide* to the thumbnail which reverts to the old popup style.