Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Mouse Over Confusion

Hi, I would like to do a "mouse over" that shows a page of specs for a machine. Am not really interested in having a dedicated page on the website for the specs, just the "mouse over." Not sure how to do it. Where does actual specification data reside and how do I direct the "mouse over" to go there?

Thanks for the assistance in advance.

Default Re: Mouse Over Confusion

Hi,
    Where and in what format (txt pdf) does the specs reside?
    What I would do is create a Popup Layer, place the specs in that then use the mouse over to show that layer then when you move the mous off the spcec also disappear.
    JIm
    Here is example
    Machine Popup.xar
    Last edited by Scotty; 03 March 2011 at 03:16 AM.

Thanks Scotty for the input. Let me absorb your idea and play with it. Then I will get back to you. But to answer your specific question...the file currently exists in Excel.

Charlie (new to Web6)

Ok,
    Then there is a thread on the forum (can't exactly pin point it) about insert excel doc into xara designed sites, search for that and iincorporate into the pop-up layer.
    Jim

Scotty, Forget the Excel issue, I will type directly into Web6. Here is where I am: At the page level I dropped down the layers menu and created a new layer titled "specs". Then I drew a box and entered some test words. Then I went to the Mouseoff level and created a button. Then I went to web properties for that button (still at the mouseoff layer) and pointed the button to the specs layer. Published.

The button takes me to the gallery template with no rollover.

Any ideas?

Charlie

Ok here is the procedure I used.
    Create the button on MouseOff layer (group the text and shape) copy and paste into MouseOver layer..Ctrl select the Background shape change color). With both layers visible (mouseoff/mouseover) marque them and give them a a "soft group".
    Then in web properties Mouse-over tab>select 'show-pop up layer" (the Machine specs layer).
    Hope that helps

Thanks. I will try it. Get back to you. Charlie

OK. We are getting some progress. Got the new button to popup the spec sheet. But even though I have the mouseover properties selected, I still have to click the mouse. Any other thoughts?

Ok did you have MOuseoff/mouseover layer visible when you marqued them? Both have to have layers visible when you marque them then go to Web Prperties>Mouse over tab and select 'show popup layer' and point to you macheinne spec layer. this should show the pop-up layer when moused over in preview, (you may have to goto arrange menu and bring to front).
    If it still doesn't work include the file for me to see.
    Jim

Scotty,

Thank you very much for the assistance. Still no luck. Which files do you wish for me to send to you? Using the advanced message tool in this forum I see the paperclip for attaching files but am not sure which ones you need. Are you wanting my complete website file?

Also, I do not see any way to "mark" the layers.

Sorry for the ignorance but one is not born with this knowledge.

charlie