Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Customizing color order in Corel Draw's color palette

I primarily work with CorelDRAW's default CMYK color palette, and I used to be able to click on any color well and drag it to a different position on the palette. For instance, reading left to right on the palette, I prefer to have the first color listed as black and the next 3 as Cyan, Magenta and Yellow respectively (representing the 4 primary CMYK colors). For some reason, though, I can no longer move the palette colors around. Is there another way of doing this? I'm working with version X5, Service Pack 2. Thanks.
    IP

Default Re: Customizing color order in Corel Draw's color palette

Hi Rocket,

It's sad to hear you can't do that anymore - I don't have X5, but the only thing that comes to mind, would be to change things in the Palette Editor in X5 "I think". See if X5 can do the following as in X3 that I still use -

Tools Menu>Palette Editor, and move the colours around, then save the changes, I see you can access it from the Window menu as well, Window>Colour Palettes>Palette Editor. I had a quick look, seems to work there, if you want to move things about.

Cheers - George
    IP

Question Re: Customizing color order in Corel Draw's color palette

Thanks for your suggestion, but I already tried moving the color wells around within the palette editor, but found I could not do it. Am I missing something here? I can't believe this is so difficult.
    IP

Default Re: Customizing color order in Corel Draw's color palette

I think the answer lies here - This post relates to spot colours, but could possibly apply to all palettes.

http://192.210.65.84/forums/p/23721/107511.aspx
    IP

Smile Re: Customizing color order in Corel Draw's color palette

Thanks for that link, coza! I found my answer there.
    IP