Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I knew I would need you again.

Is there a way in Xara to place my Animated object behind another transparent object? My animation works fine however, when I tried to export it in place of the dummy object (the object it is to replace),it did not work.

For instant, there are three objects In front of the animation. The Animation is to appear as though it is behind the other objects.

I know I can create an animated object and then place a still object in each frame. When I did this my export was huge. Is there another way or is this the only way for Xara too.

Is there an answer to this? Thank you

eferr [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] I'm really blue!!

I knew I would need you again.

Is there a way in Xara to place my Animated object behind another transparent object? My animation works fine however, when I tried to export it in place of the dummy object (the object it is to replace),it did not work.

For instant, there are three objects In front of the animation. The Animation is to appear as though it is behind the other objects.

I know I can create an animated object and then place a still object in each frame. When I did this my export was huge. Is there another way or is this the only way for Xara too.

Is there an answer to this? Thank you

eferr [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] I'm really blue!!

Effer

Unless you are using a CSS (Cascading Style Sheet) you cannot have objects overlapping.

HTML, the scripting language used to instruct the Browser how and where to display the elements of the page, does not support overlapping objects. And HTML is what is used for the web.

Are you trying to achieve a mouse over effect, or are you just trying to have a bit of animation showing behind something, for example, a wall with a window in it in which the sun is rising?

The wall and window are static and the sun rising in the window is the animated part. Is this kind of what you are trying to do?

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Ever So Humble...

Hi efer,

Is this something like what you're trying to achieve?

--
    Big Frank was
    http://www.wognum.org/files/madewithxarax.gif
    Last edited by Big Frank; 16 April 2009 at 12:22 PM.
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Yes, Gray, that is what I am trying to achieve--a little animation behind a scene. Do all the steps have to be done within the animation scene? If so How do I keep it from exporting so large and distorted.

When I viewed my animation this way in my browser(Grouped in one scene) it actually had a wiggle--as though it was struggling to animate. Finally it calmed down and began to move smoothly but was still very distorted.

Here's what I did in Xara. I first applied my background in each frame, then I applied my animated steps in each frame, then I did my overlay like a gate in each frame. It looked fine and animated well in Xara but exported really bad.

If all the step do not have to be done within the animation, how do I do that?

Big Frank's window example is what I am trying to achieve. Frame--then animation--then background.
    Is there a tutorial for doing this?

Any suggestion?
    Thank you much.
    Eferr
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Regards

As far as I know there's no tutorial for this, but here's the XAR file for you to pick through so you can get your 'gate' in front of your animation

--
    Big Frank was
    http://www.wognum.org/files/madewithxarax.gif
    Last edited by Big Frank; 16 April 2009 at 12:22 PM.
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Effer

One way to accomplish what you need is to make the background image your animations background.

You do this in the Frame Properties or the Animation Properties menu (the button is on the Infobar). Click on Frame and then check Background.

Make sure there is nothing more on the page. Set the Display this Frame setting to 0. (For this frame only).

This makes the background image appear on all new pages. Now you can create your small animation in one or more areas.

This help?

Gary

If you can keep the number of frames

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Ever So Humble...

With much gratitude. Everything is becoming clear, I feel like I am almost there--ready to post my page.

But....
    One other thing. After my animation is complete do I export it as a gif and replace it with an existing image file in Xara? In other words, I create the same scene in my Xara drawing, export my images in slices (In Xara)then replace that image with my animation. Is this correct.

Again much thanks--Regards

Eferr,Evone