Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Xara Webdesigner 6 browser problem

Apparently [according to a note slipped under my door ] the OP needs to get their server Admin to update the MIME type config file for that server and - as it's not a WD/XARA issue - further help on this should be sought from the host.

https://developer.mozilla.org/en/inc..._for_css_files
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	server-misconfig.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	48.2 KB 
ID:	80218  
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

I'm sorry I've been off the forum trying to solve the problem myself as I had just one unresolved reply! I have cracked the problem in so far as I know what it is without fully understanding why but this maybe of benefit to others who experience incorrectly dispayed webpages. The problem is with Supanet who I am told is a subhost. I transferred the Xara website (Design and Make in Wood) from www.academyofwood.supanet.com to a temporary website I am using: http://zonancouk.ipage.com/index.htm and there is no problem viewing via all browsers. I am usin this webspace to test out various websites I am designing with Xara Webdesigner 6 (currently the one up there is Woodomain) and may I take this opportunity of saying what an incredible piece of software the Xara is turning out to be. The most intuitive and rewarding to use software of any kind I have experienced and Im surprised it lags behind in ratings on the current poll for top popular webdesign software. I previousl tried Coffee Shop and Xara is in a different league for people like me with limited knowledge. The only downside (I am advised) as the non-standard HTML is slightly more difficult for Search engines to find?

Quote Originally Posted by Jezr View Post
    the non-standard HTML
    Xara's HTML is completely standard. It's just structured differrently to the way a human would create the page.

The bright aqua is precisely the problem I have posted! It supposed to be a narrow border yet I suspect is displayed through the browser as a large area!

Yes you are correct! I worded that incorrectly. What I should have said was an experienced expert here in the UK advised me when he studied the hidden code on one of my Xara created webpages 'from a search engine point of view, it doesn't use standard HTML heading tags, and the content itself is quite a long way down in the file' making it more difficult to find! Sorry I am not an expert!