Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Changing background colors of graphics

you will need to make more than one closed shape for the moongraph image - as the moon and each star will need their own - its then a question of grouping them so they act as one

best practice on the pig first maybe
    Last edited by handrawn; 28 February 2011 at 12:46 AM. Reason: typo
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I will check that out! Thank you soooo much for your patience, and I do have the time to practice.

You're an Angel!

I know we'll be chatting again soon!

-Margaret

Quote Originally Posted by mmboyer View Post
    You're an Angel!
    that's open to debate, but I'm glad to help

Egg, who made the tutorial, did the real work....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I just watched it with fascination, and it was really cool! Fortunately I have Xara Photo & Graphic Designer only on a trial basis, but I am glad I had it! I was able to outline the moon well enough and it took an eternity to get the two halves grouped together. Anyway, I wanted to fill my new shape with the same color as the outline. You'd think that would be the easiest part, right? Nope. I have been trying to fill using every idea I have found and the darn thing will not fill! Any idea's? I made the "drawing" using part of the technique that Egg showed, but since I didn't need to layer it anywhere, I didn't do the layer thing, that part I was having a tough time following anyway. I want to fill this shape and blur the edges so some of my unsteadiness won't show. I will try to attach it, it is hard to see because it is just an outline in yellow.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hello Margaret,

Both ends of the Moon are open--that is, the graphic consists of two open lines that are not connected. Therefore one cannot fill the shape. You need to zoom in and join the two open ends. I have attached a revision...

Take care, Mike
    Attached Files Attached Files

Mike, one of these days I will learn to READ first THEN reply! I should have read this thread first - as you said you had the attachment. So, now, let me try this: THANK YOU!! I appreciate your help more than you know. This is still a process I am learning. I have made a lot of sites, but this software is so much more versatile, there is a lot more to learn.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

-Margaret :-)

Mike, I just have to say one more time, THANK YOU! I have been able to work with the graphic and will follow your instruction and that of handdrawn to do the pig next. You guys are awesome!!!

Thank you!~!!

Margaret

Hi Margaret--you are very welcome.

I too am fairly new to Xara, so trust me, I am learning more than I have can share with others. It's a good group of folks that are willing to share.

Take care, Mike