Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Hybrid View

to start off with...
    (David, maybe post yours here again too if you'd like).
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	phoenix3.jpg 
Views:	955 
Size:	49.2 KB 
ID:	18180  
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

So many great versions .... I've always liked variations on a theme as it's neat to see how different things can be but still the same theme. Great bunch of variations [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

David K ... www.dkingdesign.com http://www.dkingdesign.com/stuff/signature.jpg

http://www.dkingdesign.com/stuff/pho...es/phoenix.jpg

this was osted before but I thought I'd add it here too ... I'm working on another as I type [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I posted in the Photopaint forum too. I Accidently posted another one trying to post here.
    Sorry.

Cheryl [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Name:	Pheonix_jpeg.jpg 
Views:	291 
Size:	179.9 KB 
ID:	3057  

Really cool effects Egg!!! The Phoenix looks very 3D/sculptural!!! The flame shape and effect works very well with it. The textures on the Phoenix reminds me of like a paper mache', you'd never guess it was a digital piece! FUN! Glad you brought us another one to enjoy---thanks so much!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

wow ... some nice posts already

Ramwolf's looks as good here as in the other forum ... nice to see her here too [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Dale I like you different interpretation and the colours and forms are nice [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Ross has a seriously hot molten look happening there which looks very uncomfortable for the poor bird [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

vogonpoet ... your's looks like he/she's actually enjoying a warm bath [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

here's another one I did using the demo for Expressions 2 ( www.creaturehouse.com ) which is a purely vector program I'm trying out. It has awesome line drawing and even some impressive watery line styles. All lines are affected by tablet pressure which is cool.

http://www.dkingdesign.com/stuff/exp...2/phoenix1.jpg

Vogonpoet---was glad to help post it!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] It seems we don't have a moderator for this gallery...so I just did what I could. Maybe one will drop in and tiddy up our posting and get it placed within your post eventually.

Another cool one David!!! That sounds like an interesting vector program...I'll have to go check it out, looks like it can produce some neat effects with painting too [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] .

Stu (Kiwi) over in the 3D forum has also contributed a wonderful phoenix---be sure to see it, I've asked if he would add it here.
    Well, great start to the challenge and already it's a pleasure to view thanks to everyone [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] !
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    -Mark Twain

Photoshop/Graphire 4x5 ~Vp~ 02

::edit:: oops, guess I havent figured out the correct way to attach an image [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img]

::edit 2:: Well I tried to edit my post , but cant see an option for making the image appear in the thread as opposed to just being a downloadble attachment ? Humble apologies to the regulars. If a mod can/wants to do the honours, please feel free [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Nice work by everyone btw and thanks Maya

well helps with thread size ! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by vogonpoet on April 19, 2002 at 15:48.]

Name:	phoenix.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	13360  
    ~Vp~

thx Moderator at Large !
    and thx for all the kind replies [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

i've think why i've got problems with the posting off my link....
    geocities doesn't like it when i redirect a link [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]
    damn, i'll check for a diffrent host

Your design is cool, and also I think would make a wonderful design element in other media---would be a great jewelry piece also!!! Thanks for giving us the opportunity to see your artwork and joining in! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    -Mark Twain