Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

So many great versions .... I've always liked variations on a theme as it's neat to see how different things can be but still the same theme. Great bunch of variations [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

David K ... www.dkingdesign.com http://www.dkingdesign.com/stuff/signature.jpg

Another great one Richard!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Glad you couldn't resist and had to let the phoenix appear again---love everything about it!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] FANTASTIC!!!
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Thanks everyone! This was a great challenge and I hope to see more of them in the future!!

Carolyn [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Very nice Carolyn, and I agree, this was a very fun challenge, and me thinx that this is just the start of what promises to be a fun ride...Thanx to Maya and Dave for bringing this about, what's next...anyone?

It must be high time to start a "new subject" on the Phoenix Challenge, since it already takes too long to download the original one. nikolai

[This message was edited by nikolai on April 24, 2002 at 06:56.]

It must be high time to start a "new subject" on the Phoenix Challenge, since it already takes too long to download the original one. nikolai

[This message was edited by nikolai on April 24, 2002 at 06:56.]

There seems to be some sort of difficulty with the forum loading your recent image as it appears to have clipped off the bottom half section of your gorgeous phoenix---perhaps you could delete it through the edit and try to repost it again, hopefully it will go through next time. This has happened to others now and then, I have no idea what causes it.
    From the first half of the phoenix I would have to say it is another masterpiece from you and your expertise with Painter---it's fabulous!!!! The interesting patterned objects, star-like in the upper left and right corners are cool too. It is amazing how you got your firey effect to even look "liquid"---I love it and hope you'll be able to get the full image posted! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Thanks for sharing this with us!!!
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Hi Maya!
    It's been the wrong day for me. I have tried to upload three times. It's one of those things every now and then here in the South Russia.
    Thank you for your warmest comments. You always have a good word for everybody. I do hope the moderator will find time to take the trash away, i.e. the first two images.
    Here's my effort #3 (Painter 7)in hope it'll work out.

nikolai
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	phoenix..JPG 
Views:	291 
Size:	118.8 KB 
ID:	10850  

Thank goodness the reposting worked!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] I love the entire work and now can see the rest of the wonderful crystal and star-like motifs around the phoenix. They are very interesting even by themselves!!! You certainly have created a great fire effect on this phoenix as well---I love all of your phoenix designs, it's very hard to pick just one!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    Excellent work!
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    -Mark Twain