Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Maya,
    Your idea looks like a perfect revival tool for the whole forum. I would also like to chip in.
    Thanks,
    Nikolai
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	phoenix..JPG 
Views:	266 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	462  

I am impressed with the embers/coals look.

Dale

Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

Nikolai, that is spectacular how you got the burning feathers looking like they are disintegrating and disappearing in motion as the bird flies!!! Fantastic effect and beautifully done image!!! I just thought about the Phoenix and, correct me if I'm wrong, in Russia don't they have a "Firebird" story also? I think I may have seen it portrayed on some decorative pieces made there and heard there is a story with it unique to Russia. I know there is a classical music piece called "The Firebird" also, and perhaps it was inspired by the story?
    Very nice work, and glad you shared this piece with us!!!
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    ---As the Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    P.S. The idea to go forward with the forum-wide postings belongs to David King, I just jumped in and promoted it as I really loved the idea too.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

More like a barbie flare up.
    Chicken anyone? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Brian.

Name:	p.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	14089  

Great Images You-all. Gidgit, I think yours is special.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Now, that wouldn't have been the first impression---but now you've gone and done it! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] And you've got it "very well-done" too by the looks of things with that poor phoenix there [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] . Looks great, seriously now, it's a striking image! I really like it a lot!

Mike--just goes to show how so many original images can spring from a simple subject---I really like how the firey sunset and projection into the sky of the phoenix shape come together in yours. It creates an atmosphere of time and coincidence with the rising and setting of the sun. Great and original work as usual, Mike!!!
    Thanks Brian and Mike for contributing in the spirit which David and I hoped for! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Great depiction.

Dale

Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

I just couldn't help myself [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

So here's my entry, hope ya'll like it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

PS: It's completely done in XaraX [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Name:	Phoenix_by_RAMWolfff.jpg 
Views:	315 
Size:	57.7 KB 
ID:	17453  
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Thanx Mike...

all the entries are simply stunning...it is nice to see a "cross app challenge" allowing the worx to shine...

may the "spirit" of creativity flourish on... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]