Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

your phoenix is such a fun one and I love the feathers and effects---it would be great if you'd like to add the image as a regular attachment so it will be immediately viewable with the others! Your phoenix has a lot of personality and made me smile [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] !!! Thanks for sharing it!!!
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    P.S. If you haven't already discovered the way to attach your file...right after you type the text body of the message scroll down a ways till you see the upload attachment box, check it, then go back up to your message and click the "Post" button which then takes you to the next part where you type your title for the piece and then browse to your selected file. After which just click the "Upload Attachment" and after a bit it will tell you it has completed that task.

Go in under edit, scroll down to "Options" and click the underlined "Upload an attachment"...

[This message was edited by Crow Haven on April 19, 2002 at 15:50.] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by Crow Haven on April 19, 2002 at 15:53.]

[This message was edited by Crow Haven on April 19, 2002 at 15:58.]
    Okay, below is the phoenix by Vogonpoet! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by Crow Haven on April 19, 2002 at 16:14.]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	phoenixvogonpoetjpg.jpg 
Views:	691 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	2585  
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

wow ... some nice posts already

Ramwolf's looks as good here as in the other forum ... nice to see her here too [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Dale I like you different interpretation and the colours and forms are nice [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Ross has a seriously hot molten look happening there which looks very uncomfortable for the poor bird [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

vogonpoet ... your's looks like he/she's actually enjoying a warm bath [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

here's another one I did using the demo for Expressions 2 ( www.creaturehouse.com ) which is a purely vector program I'm trying out. It has awesome line drawing and even some impressive watery line styles. All lines are affected by tablet pressure which is cool.

http://www.dkingdesign.com/stuff/exp...2/phoenix1.jpg

David K ... www.dkingdesign.com http://www.dkingdesign.com/stuff/signature.jpg

Thanks Maya!

I have been reading some other threads about image posting and tested a bit in the 'testing' forum, but it seems that maybe my browser is having issue with uploading to this particular forum. No worries, and thanks for your help [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Sorry for interupting the continuity of this thread.

~Vp~
    ~Vp~

Another method for posting is this ...

ftp your image to your own webspace (I think most free hosting places like geocities won't allow this to work right). Then go to that in a browser and copy the url

post it here in your message window like this

(img)http://www.talkgraphicspic.com/mypic.jpg(/img)

except don't type the ( or ) but use [ and ] brackets .... I just typed it like that so it would show as text and not try to show the pic

David K ... www.dkingdesign.com http://www.dkingdesign.com/stuff/signature.jpg

Thanks for the info David, I am familiar with UBB Code so I shall host images locally on my server in future. Cheers ! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

~Vp~
    ~Vp~

Vogonpoet---was glad to help post it!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] It seems we don't have a moderator for this gallery...so I just did what I could. Maybe one will drop in and tiddy up our posting and get it placed within your post eventually.

Another cool one David!!! That sounds like an interesting vector program...I'll have to go check it out, looks like it can produce some neat effects with painting too [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] .

Stu (Kiwi) over in the 3D forum has also contributed a wonderful phoenix---be sure to see it, I've asked if he would add it here.
    Well, great start to the challenge and already it's a pleasure to view thanks to everyone [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] !
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

and it's getting late...
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Name:	phoenixa2.jpg 
Views:	638 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	7287  
    -Mark Twain

I created this in Xara3D4
    I think that with all these great posts, at least the North American bias needs redressing ;-)
    Egg

[This message was edited by Egg Bramhill on April 19, 2002 at 22:40.]

Name:	pheonix_ani.gif 
Views:	607 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	12464  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks for joining in!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Love your firey flame effect! Yes, I think this challenge is refreshing and fun---emphasizing creativity, and that we are, and our creations are, a great deal more than just about what programs we choose to use. Bravo! We are hoping people from everywhere will join in [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] .
    Thanks Egg!!!
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    -Mark Twain

Hi Maya,

People have responded very nicely to the Pheonix challenge. Great images Everyone! I thought I'd use Painter Classic for my entry ;-)

This was my first use of Painter Classic and the Graphire tablet [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Soquili

Name:	pheonix.JPG 
Views:	565 
Size:	15.6 KB 
ID:	17657  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update