Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

We have an idea going over in the Xara Gallery about posting a forum-wide challenge of a symbol of renewal--the mythological phoenix--the idea is to create one with your program of choice in any style or version which you like. It would be so cool to see all the different varieties and versions people can use their imagination and come up with. It translates well into logo and abstract techniques--anything goes. There is already a posting in the Gallery and one in the Xara Gallery (info on the symbolism, origin,etc. can be found on pg 2 of the "Brandon Lee" thread in the Xara Gallery if anyone is interested).
    Time to show off your favorite program.

---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by Crow Haven on April 19, 2002 at 12:23.]
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

'Morning everyone! Here is my challenge done in PSP7 with the help of a couple of third party filters.

Have a good one!
    Carolyn
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Phoenix.jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	174.1 KB 
ID:	15724  

very nice .... I like it ...nice colours [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

David K ... www.dkingdesign.com http://www.dkingdesign.com/stuff/signature.jpg

Very nice Carolyn, and I agree, this was a very fun challenge, and me thinx that this is just the start of what promises to be a fun ride...Thanx to Maya and Dave for bringing this about, what's next...anyone?

'Morning everyone! Here is my challenge done in PSP7 with the help of a couple of third party filters.

Have a good one!
    Carolyn

I am impressed with the embers/coals look.

Dale

Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

Wilmington, NC USA and Daejeon, South Korea

It's great, Carolyn! You really get the feeling it is rising from the smoke and ashes. Well done!

Joelle

The sandcastles of our lives are nothing when compared to the tides of our destinies.
    Joelle

The sandcastles of our lives are nothing when compared to the tides of our destinies.

The colors are wonderful and I really like how the phoenix is looking toward the rising sun--really sets the mood of coming out of the ashes to a new beginning! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Thanks for joining in with us and sharing your art!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Thanks everyone! This was a great challenge and I hope to see more of them in the future!!

Carolyn [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]