Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

We have an idea going over in the Xara Gallery about posting a forum-wide challenge of a symbol of renewal--the mythological phoenix--the idea is to create one with your program of choice in any style or version which you like. It would be so cool to see all the different varieties and versions people can use their imagination and come up with. It translates well into logo and abstract techniques--anything goes. There is already a posting in the Gallery and one in the Xara Gallery (info on the symbolism, origin,etc. can be found on pg 2 of the "Brandon Lee" thread in the Xara Gallery if anyone is interested).
    Time to show off your favorite program.

---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by Crow Haven on April 19, 2002 at 12:23.]
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

We have an idea going over in the Xara Gallery about posting a forum-wide challenge of a symbol of renewal--the mythological phoenix--the idea is to create one with your program of choice in any style or version which you like. It would be so cool to see all the different varieties and versions people can use their imagination and come up with. It translates well into logo and abstract techniques--anything goes. There is already a posting in the Gallery and one in the Xara Gallery (info on the symbolism, origin,etc. can be found on pg 2 of the "Brandon Lee" thread in the Xara Gallery if anyone is interested).
    Time to show off your favorite program.

---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by Crow Haven on April 19, 2002 at 12:23.]
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

to start off with...
    (David, maybe post yours here again too if you'd like).
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	phoenix3.jpg 
Views:	955 
Size:	49.2 KB 
ID:	18180  
    -Mark Twain

http://www.dkingdesign.com/stuff/pho...es/phoenix.jpg

this was osted before but I thought I'd add it here too ... I'm working on another as I type [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

David K ... www.dkingdesign.com http://www.dkingdesign.com/stuff/signature.jpg

But I may not get to participate so here is one done by hand, almost all the way, had a tad of XaraX in there, so I guess it qualifies....

The image for those not familiar with Marvel comics Group is a pic I did of the Dark Phoenix from the X-Men comic.

Marvel Girl in her first incarnation, a telekinetic "marvel" in the X-Men. Then she was the giver of life in her second incarnation as the "Phoenix" and then the taker of life as the "Dark Phoenix". Jean Grey is now just Jean Grey again in the comics world, not the Dark Phoenix, Phoenix or Marvel Girl. She's a very interesting character that I love to read about her adventures every month.

Enjoy [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

RAMwolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by RAMWolff on April 19, 2002 at 13:37.]

Name:	The_Phoenix.jpg 
Views:	909 
Size:	68.8 KB 
ID:	8472  
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Done entirely in Xara X. I may try one in Photoshop to see how well I can do in my "native" software.

Dale

Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

Name:	phoenix_3.jpg 
Views:	864 
Size:	32.7 KB 
ID:	2351  

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

created by combining Painter Classic & Xara X.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Name:	phoenix2.jpg 
Views:	812 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	1881  

It's off to a beautiful start!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I'm so glad, David, that you decided to post yours together here as yours is so marvelous, and this is, after all your idea!!!---and speaking of a marvel, RAMWolff, "Phoenix" belongs here!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] It's great how much variety there can be with just a single subject! Dale, I LOVE the firey colors and effect, looks just like it's in flight--gorgeous,and yes, this is for any program you like to use or combinations of aps---the thing here is the result! Very exciting guys!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    -Mark Twain

The texture reminds me of lava and petrogylphs! Very ancient and mysterious looking, and it just radiates volcanic heat!!! Cool/Hot [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] !!!
    Great idea!
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    -Mark Twain

Photoshop/Graphire 4x5 ~Vp~ 02

::edit:: oops, guess I havent figured out the correct way to attach an image [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img]

::edit 2:: Well I tried to edit my post , but cant see an option for making the image appear in the thread as opposed to just being a downloadble attachment ? Humble apologies to the regulars. If a mod can/wants to do the honours, please feel free [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Nice work by everyone btw and thanks Maya

well helps with thread size ! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by vogonpoet on April 19, 2002 at 15:48.]

Name:	phoenix.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	13360  
    ~Vp~