Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: upgrading to version 6 to version 7 Xara3d

hello Mike,

Sorry for the late reply, I have made another one and the same problem which will be beneficial. I have been tied up a couple of days regarding the telephone connection, so everything will be set up next week to transfer to Optus, and take 10 days.

Regarding my problem I will post the image that is similar to the previous problem I quoted.

Thank you for your help regards Mark.

While and connected via this, how do I attach, or in said to gif? Sorry for the hassles

Hello, Mark, if you have the thread open, you can reply, then at bottom right is a button saying Go Advanced. Click that and your reply appears in a different page, with Additional Options lower down, including a button called Manage Attachments. Click that and a pop-up page appears which lets you browse for the file you want to attach. Select the file then click on Upload attachments. You can then close that window, and complete your reply. You can click on Preview to see how your reply looks before committing it.

Mike

hello Mike, thank you very much.

This is just a test, and show you what I mean, the text is to be to cover that girl.

When I use it modify text and change the font size, the image shrinks, so I don't know what to do after that because it is a bit annoying, I have to try a workaround different pitches that will fit with small writing.

Thanks for your help previously mark
    Attached Files Attached Files

hello Mike and others, can anybody help me regarding changing text sizes as when I try to do it shrinks the graphic image. Any assistance appreciated regards Mark

Sorry, Mark,
    been extremely busy, and had a cold to boot! The text size is constrained by Xara3D to fit in the button. More text means reducing the size. If you select some text, say, Mark, and make it larger with the font size field, say 400%, it still gets constrained to fit the button, but the other text shrinks in comparison. I do not know how to get past this without coming out of the button mode in the first place.

See the attached X3d file. It uses a Wingdings character to create the button as a disc, and the text is Arial. The button and the text can be selected separately, and can be made to be different sizes. Play with the file, try amending bits and see if you can get the kind of thing you want out of it.

Mike
    Attached Files Attached Files

hello Mike,

Thank you very much I will have a play around, I find it very strange that a program such as good as this does not enable you to change the text, when there are webpages that make banners, allow you to make text changes, in relation to line spacing and moving things around to fit. Anyway will help play thanks again.

Do you know of any of the programs that I can use to make similar banners, as this text problem does cause limitations, because I make beautiful banners with pictures that I would like to make text in, and it cannot be done.