Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default index_htm_files: Permission Denied - HELP!

I have XWD6 and am now ready to publish my site which to me is always the most stressful part of creating a site! I followed the very simple directions to a "T", I have the correct information in the correct places, ftp address, user name, password, etc. I exported to my hard drive and that worked. I can't for the life of me figure out even where to look for a problem. I have been all over the forum and I see the same thing, "...it usually has to do with incorrect password..."etc. That isn't the issue. I have the exact same information that I use with another web design software I use, nothing has changed. I assume that the mention of "index" is because I didn't name my file right? I am sure it is something very simple but I am not sure what it could be. Any ideas? I have also tried running as "administrator" it did not help, and I also checked for updates. Sure would like to get this site uploaded! I have opened a ticket with tech support and have not yet had a reply. I am using W7-64 bit. Program seems to run fine.

Thanks for any help!

Margaret

Default Re: index_htm_files: Permission Denied - HELP!

Err... you've told us everything except what the problem is.
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

I am laughing because I am replying to my own post! I think the problem is solved. Apparently the "Subfolder" really isn't optional as the information page suggests! Once I added the right subfolder name, in this case httpdocs/ the site uploaded 100% without errors. I have not seen the site but at least now I have it uploaded! Hope this may help anyone else having a similar issue.

Quote Originally Posted by beretgascon View Post
    Err... you've told us everything except what the problem is.
    LOL! I think the problem is lack of sleep and thus brainpower! You are right, I failed to mention that I couldn't upload the site due to the error message (title of post). I think I have it resolved now though. Fingers crossed!

Thank you for the levity, I needed it!

-M

Ah! Good on you!

Many web hosts have a default web root folder into which your files must go if it isn't into the root of your account. It's usually called "public_html" or "httpdocs"
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Hey,

Not sure if you found a solution to your problem? Anyway, i once had the same problem trying to upload and this error kept on coming until i made the following changes.

Try it and give me some feedback if you find it helpful

Regards,

klamsi
    Attached Files Attached Files