Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Wich Scroll Box code is the best and how to use in Xara Webdesigner 6

Guys,

(first of all , my appolgies for my bad englisch -> im from belgium )
    Im making an project website and would like to add several pictures and tekst verticaly.
    Every month there will be added a small project. So i thougt perhaps make a big scroll box , perhaps with anker point so , people could navigate directly 2 the right point in the scroll box. So here are my questions.

1. Wich scrolbox code 2 use ( there this is not included in the package )
    2. Wenn handling with lot off text ( any other options ) Perhaps page size with fix header and footer that dynamicly changes the hight of the page.
    3 Is there a way to add pictures in a scroll box ?

Thanks for helping me out !

Regards,

Ben

Default Re: Wich Scroll Box code is the best and how to use in Xara Webdesigner 6

Hi Floater

1. You have 2 options here: iframe placeholder or scrolling div placeholder.
    2. There is a "tweak" that will help you with this.
    3. Easier with iframe rather than scrolling div.

In the examples below the black rectangles are the placeholders that contain the code.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Wich Scroll Box code is the best and how to use in Xara Webdesigner 6

Thank you very much for the prompt reply ! Thumbs uP

Regards, Ben

Welcome to TalkGraphics Ben

Drwyd,

This is great information as I have been struggling trying to figure out how to add a scroll box and may now have found the answer, but...what do I do with it? I feel stupid asking that question. If it were HTML I would know I could cut and paste it, but from what I have read one has to do something with <head> tags, etc. I do have XWD6, and have a trial version of XPGD6 so I was able to look at the second link you gave. Do I just copy the code given in the Scrolling Placeholder file, where? into what? do I just draw a rectangle as a placeholder on the desired page and put the code in it? Sorry to sound so basic and unintelligent, but I feel I am missing a piece of the recipe! Thanks for any input. -Margaret

Hi mmboyer

No <head> code is required for the scrolling box (or the iframe method). All the style and content code is contained within the place holder and will expand to fit the size of the rectangle. Note that the first and last paragraphs have additional styling.

You can access and modify the code via utilities >> web properties >> place holder (see attached)

If you are not familiar with HTML/CSS then I would recommend the iframe solution. Effectively you are creating a window through which you can view another (Xara created) page.

The code to put in the place holder would look something like this :-

Code:
    <iframe src ="myiframepage.htm" width="100%" height="100%">
      <p>Your browser does not support iframes.</p>
    </iframe>
    and would display the page "myiframepage.htm" inside the frame as long as it was found in the same directory as the parent page.

N.B. Don't forget to preview.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	placeholdercode.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	63.9 KB 
ID:	80126