Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default I'm getting blank pages when I publish to site

I've used Xara Web Designer for several sites, first time I have run into this.

No matter how many times I publish to my host, the pages are blank once it's done. All the files upload, everything is there, but the pages are blank:

http://bereanministriescogic.org/

I removed the index page so that you can see all of the files, any html file you click on, they are blank.

What's up?

Default Re: I'm getting blank pages when I publish to site

Even the html source is blank, it's uploading the html files, and the support files, but for some reason the html files are blank?

Is this a glitch? Do I need to redo this entire site?

I dont think anything Web Designer related would cause something like this. even when i viewed http://bereanministriescogic.org/indextest_html_files/ i could see that your image files werent being served either.

Id contact your server provider and ensure file types are being served correctly.

This site is on the same server and was created using the same program:
    http://marylandcheerchargers.org/

Now that site isn't working either, is was earlier, but when I just did a test and updated it it's coming up blank to. So it must be server side like you said, thanks.

CJ

I have 40 sites on this server, doesn't really make sense that the ALL work UNTIL I try to update one with xara web designer, then they stop working.

I've confirmed that this is an Xara Web Designer issue.

There are no issues with my server.

To test I saved and exported my xara web designer project and then I uploaded it using a third party FTP. It worked fine and the page works.

If I then go back and try to use the ftp service within xara web designer I get blank pages and blank graphics. It uploads the file names but not the content of the files.

I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the program.

Help would be appreciate. The FTP within the program is failing me.

Please see the update to this post, it has to be an issue with the xara web designer ftp client. It's not working, if I upload the files via another ftp program it works. When I use the one inside the xara program I get blank pages and files.

Quote Originally Posted by ldwdcom2 View Post
    Please see the update to this post, it has to be an issue with the xara web designer ftp client. It's not working, if I upload the files via another ftp program it works. When I use the one inside the xara program I get blank pages and files.
    It would have to be an impressive FTP client bug to suck out web page content as you publish the files to the server.

Re-examine your procedures for generating the site files. I suspect there's a mistake somewhere.

Hi CJ and welcome to Talkgraphics,

I have just tested an upload using the XDP FTP client and it worked perfectly so, I'm afraid, I'm no nearer to I helping you find a solution to your problem, but for what it's worth, I always recommend not using the Xara FTP client. It's the most basic form of uploader and gives you no feedback whatsoever. Just stop using it and use Filezilla or any other fully-featured FTP client and you'll be so much happier. Using the Xara FTP client is like flying in fog.
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.