Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: I'm getting blank pages when I publish to site

Idwdcom2,
    Your rudeness is ill directed. There are a lot of experts here that give of their time freely to help anyone that asks for it. You've already said that uploading with a third party ftp program solves the problem, so why not use that for now until the problem is figured out? Since you are the only person out of thousands with this problem, don't you think that it just MIGHT be possible the problem lies with your system or server? You refuse to accept the fact that something may have changed. Without help from you your problem will never be solved. I'm sure there are a lot of Xara users (myself included) that would like to get this resolved in case it ever crops up again. If you choose to leave the forum that's fine with us, but it doesn't solve the problem. Have you considered the possibility that a program file may have become corrupt, and reinstalled the program? Do you upload the entire site each time, or re-publish changed files only? There are still options to pursue to solve this, if you choose to. If not, good luck.

Jim

Is the site you are having problems with this one?
    http://bereanministriescogic.org/indextest.html

The indextest.html is not a valid filename unless your web host has added that to be a default for your domain.

Most web hosts are configured to recognise default.html, index.html, and index.htm and serve them when a visitor does not specify more than the domain URL.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by ldwdcom2 View Post
    So no help at all and I'm an idiot. What a great group of folks.

It may very well be a setting but here's the thing. It was working and then it stopped, with no changes made. I published the sites they did fine. I went back to update them and it wouldn't upload. So it can be about three things, a bug, a setting that I am missing that really shouldn't be there because it should be automatic once I put in the FTP info, or, my server isn't allowing it to write for some reason. That's it.

To get all high and mighty and say that it can't possibly be a software issue is ignorant. I will work with support and won't bother with the forums any more. They seem to be about as useless as Yahoo comments.
    I think round these parts that's the pot calling the kettle black.

Soquily seems to have identified the problem despite there being very little to go on besides "it doesn't work".

Given the domain name, I assume you aren't one of the congregation, because a bit of understanding for your fellow man and humility always helps.

And a sense of humour wouldn't hurt either.
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

It's always amazing/depressing how some people find that a rude attitude is the best way to meet a lot of good (and free) advice with :-(

Well, I have to say that I follow most things on here for two reasons: first, I never know when someone else is having a problem similar to mine, and there's always that nice feeling you get when in the presence of REAL experts who show us mortals how to do something, and secondly the experts here are the friendliest and most polite bunch I think I've ever come across. When there are insults, they are obviously being humorous, and the rivalry between the experts is fun to watch too.

Like when an expert says 'do x', and then another one says, 'yeah, but you could do it the easy way, like this...' First expert will always come back with a humble apology(while sticking pins in a wax effigy, no doubt).

Long may you all continue!

I'm having a sort-of similar problem. My hosting site recently moved my domain to a new server, but didn't move my website <sigh>. So I decided to redo it with Xara. I love the ease of dragging and dropping and the other really kewl things it can do that other editors cannot.

I just started with 3 little pages - Welcome, a small photo gallery and a contact form. I used one of the form widgets for this. Everything publishes fine, but the form doesn't show up on the screen. It seems to be downloading something when the page is accessed, but nothing happens. Any suggestions? My website is http://www.krafters.net

Thanks.
    Last edited by roxwyfe; 28 March 2011 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by roxwyfe View Post
    Any suggestions?
    Yes, tell us the URL.

Nevermind. I opened the site and selected the form. I moved it to the back and then brought it to the front. I re-published and now it's working. Go figure <shrugging>.

This is a very helpful forum and I just LOVE Xara products!!