Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default XDP6 - failed to load file error popup at startup

This is really annoying, and I can't find a proper solution to it, only a forum thread that talks about the upgrade.web file in programfiles\Xara|Xara_designer_Pro_6\WebFiles\ENG , and to copy to a directory of the language of my PC. Its english UK, and there is no other directory. I have posted a support query, no response yet. I installed from CD onto W7 some months ago, and had problems with the activation - the serial number on the CD sleave isn't the right one it seems, its the one in my account on the web. Not sure if this has something to do with it.
    Any help appreciated.

Default Re: XDP6 - failed to load file error popup at startup

i assume you have rt clicked the desktop icon and run as administrator as a solution?

Thanks for the suggestion, however we should never be expected to do that. I have just tried, and get the same message when run as administrator. Never had to do that with previous versions, and I've been using XE from version 3 for serious work.

As I recall you have to uninstall the downloaded version before installing the CD version.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.