Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default What I'm doing wrong

Hello guys, I have a feeling that i'm missing something here. I can't figure out why when someone clicked the Like facebook button on my homepage, the thumbnail for the site showed in facebook is kinda weird, I mean the thumbnail is not showing for example screen of the homepage, or other pics from the page, but picture of something that doesn't have to be showed at all ( part of a word, sentence, part of a colored line etc.) What's wrong here?
    Another example- When I choose images in google I'm finding a result in google index for my keyword, result which is a thumbnail exactly from my site, but showing an empty text panel without the info on it, neither a image with the same keyword. I'm using alt text for all my picture, I'm not sure, but I think I have to rename some of the pictures AFTER exporting the site, is it right?

Default Re: What I'm doing wrong

Hi squasher, and welcome to Talk Graphics!

Could you post a link to your site so that someone can take a look. Not really sure what could be the cause as the facebook like-button would show a thumbnail of the page URL that the button is placed on.

As for the images in Google's index... it might be that some of the images were indexed by Google and then changed due to some major editing on your site. The correct images with alt tags should show up as intended again when Google updates. Think this might be the cause?

Also, are you sure that you gave your images alt tags, and not a surrounding graphic, or text piece. Sometimes when an object is set back, you may try to select it, and inadvertently select something positioned in front of it. Just a guess...

The best way for someone to help you is to post a link to your site, and if that doesn't help shed light on the problem, then your .web file.

Oh, and you definitely don't need to rename after exporting... all alt tags will be placed automatically in the code upon export.

Jon

Thanks for your reply Jonlake, ok I understood there is no need to rename the images after exporting, there was none major editing except some minor changes. I'm still confused.. I have uploaded 3 example pics to show you what I'm talking about
    1st pic shows a pic from my site in google results
    2nd pic shows my working field in Xara webdesigner where I just placed the code from Facebook
    3rd pic is how I see a thumbnail from site already "liked" and shared in facebook. Actually the thumnail shows a piece of word which is a part of navigation menu Very confusing, right ?
    forgot the link to my site, where everything seems to be just fine http://iris-bg.net

Link for the picture showing the problem with results seems to be corrupted here is a newer screenshot