Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default A way to keep image "Up" after mouse off in a photo gallery?

I have figured out how to make a large "mouse-over picture" display on a different area of the page. The image stays 'up' when you click the thumbnail, but the image goes away when a blank part of the page is mouse-over'd (is that a word?). Is there a way to keep the picture 'up' until another thumbnail is clicked?

If it can't be done in Designer Pro, can anyone tell me how to do it by tweaking the html file?

Default Re: A way to keep image "Up" after mouse off in a photo gallery?

What you should be doing however, is placing your images on a new "popup" layer. Create a new layer in the Page and Layer Gallery, place your image on this new layer. Then link to the Layer. You can add as many layers as you want. But the new layers need to be added above the primary layer (either MouseOff or Layer 1)

Thanks for the reply Gary. If I understand what you're saying, I think I've done what you're suggesting. The file in question is just a trial run for a larger photo gallery that I want to make. In fact, it's fashioned from your tutorial on page 4 of your workbood 82 in the XaraXone. I know I'm missing something, because your page doesn't exhibit this issue. I'll keep playing with it; I'll stumble upon a solution. (Suggestions are still welcome though)

I can imagine there's good reasons not to do this, but might it be a good idea to include a link to an actual Xara file for us "Students" to compare our results to in the workbooks?

For what it's worth, I discovered the problem/solution. In case somebody else finds themselves with this issue: In the "Mouse-Over" tab of the web properties, I had my 'image layers' set to pop up. Thanks again, Gary.