Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Ecommerce for Web Designer

I'm thinking of purchasing Web Desginer. Can I incorporate Paypal without knowlege of coding?
    Thanks

Also does anyone know if this is "PHP". Was planning on hosting at godaddy.com and I know PHP is accepted there. Thanks!

Default Re: Ecommerce for Web Designer

Welcome to TalkGraphics Kerri

To rephrase my answer to your e-mail so others may profit from the answer:

OK I just tried this and it works but I am not sure how comfortable you will be with this solution and you will need to do it every time you export your website.

Export/publish your site to a folder on your desktop. Name the file index.php (this is always confusing because the menu should say Publish Website instead of Export File.

Xara will create a file index.htm. Rename this file index.php.

But before you publish, link your Home button to index.php instead. And in the Website Properties > Page section, name your index file, index.php

For your question about PayPal. In the Designs > E-commerce Widets folder there are some PayPal buttons. You need to set up an account with PayPal before you can use these. Then drag one of the PayPal buttons onto the page from the folder. It will launch a dialog from which you can log into your PayPal account. Once you have configured the button it will link to your account.

I have not used this solution but I have created buttons and shopping carts for customers on the PayPal account. This method lets you determine prices, tax, shipping, etc. and then generates some code.

You can add this code to your page using a placeholder, which is just a rectangle you create with the Rectangle Tool. In the Website Properties > Placeholder section, paste the PayPal code into the Replace with HTML Code window.