Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Xara 3D Maker 7

Default Re: Xara 3D Maker 7

sorry but i agree with JonP

It is just a choke that i am sent from the offical site of xara to this site thinking the new release post is from xara.

Why should i use this forum anymore if i need a response from xara stuff.

So sorry but for me talk graphics becomes more and more a joke

Xara staff do visit this forum daily as far as I can tell:

PhilM, Covoxer, bb2, PeteS are all regular posters at TG -- some other Xara developers and staff also post where specific questions about their 'area' is posted and can help right away -- I've seen it

Forums like this and the other Xara-Users forum are a resource for users of xara software and it's members, where xara users have things in common and can help each other.
    If you have an urgent issue and searching doesn't get you the answer you need here or the other forum, then opening a ticket with xara support is the way to go.
    Other software vendors use pretty much the exact same approach, no joke

Hi Folks,

I can't be considered a new member any more but I'm still relatively inexperienced in the Xara products compared to many of the persons on this site.

As has been mentioned many of the site's users are more than willing to help with problems people are having. Some of them have regular jobs and other interests as well yet when someone comes up with an issue they can't resolve, they, of their own free time, always, and I mean ALWAYS, put their best foot forward to help. Some of the above mentioned helpers know Xara at least as well as the Xara staff themselves so their input is extremely valuable. I have been able to do many things because of the help of those mentioned....oh, did I mention I'm relatively inexperienced in Xara?

One more thing to think of while we're at it.....there is a free trial that can be used for up to a month with all Xara's software. Please don't blame Xara if the program doesn't meet your needs, it is your own fault for not using the trial as a testing ground to ensure it is what you want and then posting any questions you have at this site. It is your responsibility to do your own due dilligence when the opportunity is there to do so....I've done this myself for any and all upgrades....there really is no excuse for this.

Having said all this, I'm sure if you give this site a 'proper' chance instead of just shooting from the hip, you will find it extremely useful, it's users friendly and a great arena for sharpening your skills, should you really want to do so.

Anyway, enough said......I love this site....and I hope you grow to love it too....It's a beautiful thing.....
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11

Hello, I'm a very new user of Xara 3D. I'm wanting to use it to create animated banners for my website. However, I'm having issues with the type of file formats. Can someone explain to me...what file formats can easily import into the program...and how to convert GIF and JPEG images into the proper formats?? Thankyou

that is not how it works

you create a vector shape and import that

and then you use your gif/jpeg/... image as texture on the shape

see here for details:

http://talkgraphics.com/showthread.p...-Spinning-Logo

also Mikes tutorials at the top of the forum
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

You'd be better off lodging a support ticket with xara support.xara.com for licensing problems.

You could in the meantime try running the program as administrator (right-click the icon and select 'Run as Admin...') This should allow the program to write the license details to the correct place on your new computer.

Quote Originally Posted by ShapeShifter View Post
    You'd be better off lodging a support ticket with xara support.xara.com for licensing problems.
    That only works if you *can* lodge a support ticket. Those of us who are unable to make the trial version function are redirected here for 'support'.

not many companies give support [which costs money] to free trials - especially when the products are low-cost

plenty of support here - all you need do is ask...
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by jonP View Post
    Why is this feature limited to the proprietary .cfx output format?
    I must be missing something here because I don't see the limitation you are referring to.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg 
Views:	726 
Size:	7.6 KB 
ID:	85082
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Hi Larry - I don't have version 7 of this program - but I think the point is that the avi export does not give a transparent background [which was also the case in previous versions, you had to make the background white/monochrome and edit it out in a video editor - what Bill is referring to as 'Chroma Key'] - apparently the cfx export does have transparent background option
    Last edited by handrawn; 07 November 2011 at 04:06 PM. Reason: clarity
    Nothing lasts forever...