Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Xara 3D Maker 7

Default Re: Xara 3D Maker 7 Import/Export Problems

@spdesignhouse
    Xara 3D Maker 7 is perfect for creating animated 3D text for websites and create high quality 3D graphics.
    Very Helpful in my graphic designing profile.
    Might we be so bold to ask how you know this? Do you use Xara products or are you quoting from the 3D Maker web page? You do not list any Xara software in your profile. Are you just posting to promote your own company? Because that is what it feels like to me.

Thanks Acorn.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Thank you Gary.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

This is a 4-year old thread. spdesignhouse, from Chandigarh looks like a troll or spammer.
    Sure smells that way to me too ....
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: Xara 3D Maker 7

The update doesn't work. Error message reads "failed to contact website or failed to read update information"

is this the same issue you were having in 2014, or a new one... if so a few more details would be useful....

edit - my mistake, make that 2012

to my knowledge there have been no updates to this program since 2011
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Xara 3D Maker 7 has been version 7.0.0.442 since 2011.

It amazes me it has not been an apprentice piece for Xara to incorporate into XDPX in all this time.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I have been able to download, install and activate Designer Pro X

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Xara 3D Maker 7 has been version 7.0.0.442 since 2011.

It amazes me it has not been an apprentice piece for Xara to incorporate into XDPX in all this time.

Acorn
    Xara Group didn't create, but instead, bought the product and incorporated it somewhat into Xara Designer. I think the 3D animation app came later. In any event, I think it was Charles who told me that it's not part of the monolithic code, and it would not be a great idea to tear apart the code to incorporate it. So it looks as though it's a tool in Xara, but under the hood it's a third party developer.

Yeas, amazing.

My Best,

Gary

Name:  empty-wooden-crate.jpg
Views: 828
Size:  7.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Xara Group didn't create, but instead, bought the product and incorporated it somewhat into Xara Designer. I think the 3D animation app came later. In any event, I think it was Charles who told me that it's not part of the monolithic code, and it would not be a great idea to tear apart the code to incorporate it. So it looks as though it's a tool in Xara, but under the hood it's a third party developer.
    Yeas, amazing.
    My Best,
    Gary
    Name:  empty-wooden-crate.jpg
Views: 828
Size:  7.6 KB
    Gare, useful background.
    Still why Xara milks punters at £30GBP a pop in selling a product that has not been updated since 2011 beats me.

It should come with a Xara Pro+ subscription as a freebie as Xara does not provide the equivalent of Xara Hosting (only through Magix purchases).
    An update to handling WebP and SVG would be noteworthy.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat