Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Xara 3D Maker 7

Default Xara 3D Maker 7

Hi All.

We have released a new version of Xara 3D today named Xara 3D Maker 7. Information regarding the release can be viewed from here

Xara 3D Maker 7 can be downloaded directly from the xara.com website

Many thanks

Xara Team

Default Re: Xara 3D Maker 7

Does X3D7 have unique features or are they available in the flag ship pro version of Xara Graphic Designer 6.
    Having bought X3D and XWD in the past, only to find the XXP/XGD updates over time include the other two, I am wondering which to upgrade to from my current combination of X3D5, XWD5, XXP4.

The flag ship application has none of the animation features of any version of Xara 3D.

Xara Designer Pro 6 is older than X3DM7 so could not possibly have any of the new bevel types. Possibly Designer Pro 7 will have the new bevel types when it may be released in June/July timeframe (based solely on the past release dates of Xara Xtreme Pro 5 and Designer Pro 6).
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

One of the things I used my Xara 3D 6 for was to animate my name to use in emails. I purchased the new Xara 3D 7 but can't do this anymore. What I create doesn't show up in emails like I created them. I'm really hoping that it's some kind of setting or something. If it isn't, I am so disappointed!

I don't at all like this new version. I am extremely disappointed with it. When I purchased Xara 3D 6, it was one of the best purchases I'd ever made. Being on a fixed income, I saved up for this only to find out I wasted $30.

Hello MP,

What is the format you are saving the animation in? I downloaded the trial version and right now have an animated signature sitting in an email. I saved out as an animated GIF.

Take care, Mike

Unfortunately the one new feature that I was interested in version 7, the transparent backgrounds in animations, is not useable for me. Why is this feature limited to the proprietary .cfx output format? For it to be of any use in my slideshowsand videos it needs to be in the .AVI or some other common format and not something that is limited to just your MAGIX software. Many of us are long-time users of other professional-grade slideshow and video production software and we have no intention of switching to other software, especially a consumer-grade program. If you want us to upgrade to 3D Maker v7 you absolutely must make this feature generic, otherwise v6 meets our needs just fine.

Hi JonP,

Your post seems to indicate you believe Xara reads these posts. The members here are other users of the program. Some Xara staff do visit the forums but there is no requirement that I am aware of that they do visit and read all posts.

Does your slideshow/video production software support Chroma Key? Many professional applications do support both Blue Screen and Green Screen Chroma Key transparency.

Turn off Shadows and make your background Blue or Green and export to AVI format. Use the Chroma Key feature of the slideshow/video software to make the Blue/Green transparent. That is how many users of previous versions of Xara3D work.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Bill,

So if I'm reading you correctly, when the company places a direct link to this page in the help menu of their product and they start a new topic with a statement signed by the Xara Team saying...
    "We have released a new version of Xara 3D today named Xara 3D Maker 7."

Then I'm supposed to assume they don't read the comments sent as replies. - pretty bogus if you ask me. I participate in lots of other forums and the vendors usually take their customers' input a lot more seriously. Or is Xara just a company that is after our $ without caring about us after the sale is made?

Xara is a small company. Although owned by MAGIX AG, Xara Group Ltd. is a subsidiary that works independantly in England with MAGIX being located in Germany.

With every new release they are busy handling many tasks associated with the release. Larger companys that charge larger prices for their software hire temps to handle a lot of the extra workload getting a new release out the door. With Xara it is every hand on deck performing their normal duties and many others as well. Long days and nights with little time to check web forums. There is also work to be done getting other applications ready for new release if the past few years are to be considered as the normal cycle. Web Designer has been released around this time of year in 2009 and 2010. The company's flagship application Designer Pro has been released in the June/July time frame in 2009 and 2010.

I'm just saying don't hold your breath waiting for a reply from someone at Xara or that your suggestion may be included in the next update to Xara3D.

If you are not familiar with the history of Xara 3D, the previous release (Xara 3D6) was in 2005.
    Last edited by Soquili; 18 March 2011 at 11:52 AM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update