Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Xara 3D Maker 7

Hybrid View

Default Re: Xara 3D Maker 7

Xara 3D Maker 7 has been version 7.0.0.442 since 2011.

It amazes me it has not been an apprentice piece for Xara to incorporate into XDPX in all this time.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Xara 3D Maker 7 has been version 7.0.0.442 since 2011.

It amazes me it has not been an apprentice piece for Xara to incorporate into XDPX in all this time.

Acorn
    Xara Group didn't create, but instead, bought the product and incorporated it somewhat into Xara Designer. I think the 3D animation app came later. In any event, I think it was Charles who told me that it's not part of the monolithic code, and it would not be a great idea to tear apart the code to incorporate it. So it looks as though it's a tool in Xara, but under the hood it's a third party developer.

Yeas, amazing.

My Best,

Gary

Name:  empty-wooden-crate.jpg
Views: 961
Size:  7.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Xara Group didn't create, but instead, bought the product and incorporated it somewhat into Xara Designer. I think the 3D animation app came later. In any event, I think it was Charles who told me that it's not part of the monolithic code, and it would not be a great idea to tear apart the code to incorporate it. So it looks as though it's a tool in Xara, but under the hood it's a third party developer.
    Yeas, amazing.
    My Best,
    Gary
    Name:  empty-wooden-crate.jpg
Views: 961
Size:  7.6 KB
    Gare, useful background.
    Still why Xara milks punters at £30GBP a pop in selling a product that has not been updated since 2011 beats me.

It should come with a Xara Pro+ subscription as a freebie as Xara does not provide the equivalent of Xara Hosting (only through Magix purchases).
    An update to handling WebP and SVG would be noteworthy.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Gare and Acorn,

Magix uses Xara 3D Maker 7 with Video Pro X (VPX), Movie Edit Pro and PhotoStory as they contain just over X3D 150 title templates. Inserting or opening an X3D title template in VPX opens 3D Maker 7 where one can completely change everything. In MEP and PhotoStory, one can only change the text unless the full Xara 3D Maker 7 happens to be installed. As a result, I expect that Magix and Xara are still making money selling this.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

I just downloaded the trial, and that new page option continually showing text coming at me is monotonous to say the least. Is there a work around/setting, to make things not so redundant? Or am I simply missing something.. it has been known to happen lol

I agree James, as a default template it's more marketing than a useful default template. It takes an eternity to delete to start doing anything practical. I attach a simple animation that's easy to amend. Just open it in Xara 3D and 'Save as Template' which overwrites the 'Star Wars type' default template.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host