Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Copy and paste

Default Copy and paste

Alrighty, another noob question I guess lol. I'm trying to copy and paste the contents from my current website into designer. Problem is, when i do, the text is all over the place. I looked for a tables option (I'm doing a site from scratch, actually a blank template page), but can't seem to find one. So how do I put borders around my page so when I paste it stays there rather than running across the entire screen?

TIA
    Gabriel

EDIT: Also, is there a setting that stretches the pages vertically and keeps the footer in placet as I add content?
    Right now it's locked in at height, 600px.
    Last edited by Gabriel; 13 February 2011 at 05:20 PM.

Default Re: Copy and paste

Select the text tool. With this draw down and to the right [you can expand it later] to create a Text Area. Click to put the insertion point in the area and then Paste. Check the help menu for text areas as you can do some things with them like linking areas from place to place or even [I think I'm right in saying] from page to page.

Remember though that you can use the selection tool to move the area but any resizing of it should be with the text tool.
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Thanks John, that did the trick. I guess the only way to make the content fit the pages is to manually adjust the page height ourselves?

BTW, good looking forum you have there with lots of good info. I just registered!

Gabriel

Glad to help Gabriel Yeah, manual re-sizing is the way.
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

And you increase the height by dragging the lower page border downwards.
    Same for sideways BTW, on the right side.
    If you apply RepeatOnAllPages to your footer it will repeat all objects below the middle of the page related to the bottom, and all objects above the middle related to the top. But I believe you still need to manually move it down on the first page if you increase your page height, and then do a UpdateRepeatingObjects.

Hey thanks. I think i have that figured out altready. I made a new post on Word wrap using the repel under text. Can't seem to get my text to show up in the preview though it's there in WD and the pages and layers preview. Maybe you can take a look at that post?

Thanks so much!
    Gabriel