Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Please please help re Xara Web Designer 6 and Deleting Browsing History

Thanks for your input, I really appreciate it. Thank you, from gleNN :-)

Default Re: Please please help re Xara Web Designer 6 and Deleting Browsing History

Thanks for your input, I really appreciate it. Thank you so much. Thank you, from gleNN :-)

Thanks for your input, I really appreciate it. I don't know about the proxy server, but i go outside of my PC and go look at my site as a user outside, and it comes up wrongly there. I havnt made changes latelt to the site, that is why it looks right on your side now, but i guerentee you, that if i should make a change .... then you will see what i mean, what it would look like. If you like, let me know a time, and i'll do a change my side, and then you can look again, and see what it does. Thank you for you input :-) from gleNN :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Glennn View Post
    So hush Pauland.
    LOL, I sure am wasting my energies on this thread.

It's fairly simple to avoid this problem in WD6. All you have to do is to re-export your site right before you publish it. For this, you have to keep a copy of the previously exported version of your site, or download it from your FTP, using FTP client.
    So, as you have made your changes to the site design and are ready to publish, first do "Export Website" and select the location of your previously exported site (select your previously exported index.htm file). It will ask to overwrite it, click yes. After this, publish your site the usual way.
    Following this simple rule will remove any risks of the image filename conflicts. All the new or altered image files will get unique names, never used in this site before, and all the unchanged images will keep their old names.
    This will also reduce your uploading time and traffic if you have introduced only minor change to the site, as only the altered files will be actually uploaded, not the entire site.

Hope it helps.
    John.

I always export my site before uploading because I don't use the integral FTP engine. That's evidently why I have never suffered this problem. It's good to know. If you were designing in a HTML environment like Dreamweaver you'd see this straight away I think.

Problem solved
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    LOL, I sure am wasting my energies on this thread.
    No you not. Just be nice. It doesn't cost anything. Thank you for your help.

Xara won't let one publish (upload), without first exporting). It's built into the program. So this gets done automatically. There's a folder on my desktop into which all the files are put :-)

Sir. And i call you Sir out of respect. THIS, may very well solve this. I will certainly try it. It makes sense to me what you are saying. Thank you for your input :-). I shall get back to you :-) Thank you for your help

Quote Originally Posted by covoxer View Post
    It's fairly simple to avoid this problem in WD6. All you have to do is to re-export your site right before you publish it. For this, you have to keep a copy of the previously exported version of your site, or download it from your FTP, using FTP client.
    So, as you have made your changes to the site design and are ready to publish, first do "Export Website" and select the location of your previously exported site (select your previously exported index.htm file). It will ask to overwrite it, click yes. After this, publish your site the usual way.
    Following this simple rule will remove any risks of the image filename conflicts. All the new or altered image files will get unique names, never used in this site before, and all the unchanged images will keep their old names.
    This will also reduce your uploading time and traffic if you have introduced only minor change to the site, as only the altered files will be actually uploaded, not the entire site.

Hope it helps.
    Re: Please please help re Xara Web Designer 6 and Deleting Browsing History
    Sir. And i call you Sir out of respect. THIS, may very well solve this. I will certainly try it. It makes sense to me what you are saying. Thank you for your input :-). I shall get back to you :-) Thank you for your help