Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: Please please help re Xara Web Designer 6 and Deleting Browsing History

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    Give us the URL and then maybe we'll get to see the problem.

I'm not going to read the rest of the post - it's too long.
    www.gleNNscheun.com
    Remember ... when you view it the first time, it's going to view perfectly, the problem comes in when i republish it tomorrow, after making some changes, and then when you go back onto my site, it will show up corrupted. And then if you delete your browsing history, and re-view it 5 seconds later, it will show perfectly again. www.gleNNscheun.com

Default Re: Please please help re Xara Web Designer 6 and Deleting Browsing History

Quote Originally Posted by Glennn View Post
    Remember ... when you view it the first time, it's going to view perfectly, the problem comes in when i republish it tomorrow, after making some changes, and then when you go back onto my site, it will show up corrupted. And then if you delete your browsing history, and re-view it 5 seconds later, it will show perfectly again. www.gleNNscheun.com

Quote Originally Posted by Glennn View Post

Works fine here, but if you update the pages very often, and want to make sure that it always loads the current version you might try to add this code:

<META HTTP-EQUIV="PRAGMA" CONTENT="NO-CACHE">

Make an object and name it '<head>' and place the above code in the HTMLplaceholder box.

Glenn, bjornkn has given you a good suggestion. Currently your website is not showing up with a valid index page.

It's better to keep your posts short and not repeated. Thanks for your private emails but please keep your questions on the forum.

Glenn - NO MORE PRIVATE EMAILS.

Your site is looking good.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by bjornkn View Post
    Works fine here, but if you update the pages very often, and want to make sure that it always loads the current version you might try to add this code:

<META HTTP-EQUIV="PRAGMA" CONTENT="NO-CACHE">

Make an object and name it '<head>' and place the above code in the HTMLplaceholder box.
    Hey thanks so muchbjornkn, where and how do i add this code (where i mean), i'm designing with Xara Web Designer 6 ? Thanks again

Thanks Pauland, i just sent the e-mails just so you could see the images ... i thought it would be good for you to see what i see .... i mean in FileZilla etc and in an earlier post you said you wanted the url so you could see the problem... but the problem wouldnt be seen in the URL the first time ... the first time it always shows right. Thank you for all your help, and for saying the site is looking good. Now i must just find out where and how to put this code in, and hopefully all will be fixed :-). Just as a matter of interest, i wonder why Xara is not inserting this code by itself ... i mean, why should i as a laymen just using the program .... to design and publish, why do i have to go the technical route :-). But so I learn, am so greatful for all you guys and gals help. Thank you so much :-)

oh, i see you wrote "Make an object and name it '<head>' and place the above code in the HTMLplaceholder box".... but im still not quite sure how to do this. can you maybe just explain just a little more. Thank you for your help :-)

i don't know what you mean when you say create an object? do u mean in the design itself, and what kind of an object, and what and where is the HTMLpaceholder box? Thank you :-)