To all you experts out there.
I've run into a litlle bit of a problem. In fact, it's a BIG problem for me.
After I designed my ebsite, i published it with no problem.
I viewed it on an external computer on the internet, it looked good.
The problem arises when i edit on my site and then republish. (I have used FileZille and the internal ftp publishing in XARA, it makes absolutely no difference to the question and problem I'm about to pose:
when i go view the website again, after editing on it (whether i delete ALL the files on the hosting side ... whether I republish the entire site to replace everyting on the hosting site, or whether i just use the option to just update the files that have changed) ... none of everything ive just said, make a difference to this that happens:
When i go view the site on the internet, whether i use my pc to view it, or whether i view it on an external pc ... the site comes thru looking corrupted. THE ONLY THING THAT FIXES THIS, is if i go delete my browsing history. And then i go back onto the site, and it's perfect. Which tells me it's being hosted correctly. What's happening here, is that once a computer (any computer), has viewed my site the first time (on the internet), the any subsequent changes i make on my site, and re-publish, then the viewers view externaly, is corrupt. The ONLY explanation i can come to, is that within the PC, any PC, be it my PC, or the viewers PC out there in the world, the computer is storing something in itself ... and this MUST be because the designing program XARA, is not telling putting some sort of data within the html files, to tell a viewing computer, to completely clear its browsing history, so that ONLY the new files will be viewed, when accessed via the internet. I tell you, i sit with my hands in my hair, I have no idea how to solve this, i have written many e-mails, and no-one seems to have the answer. And it's not as if from within Xara, that one can see anything. i.e. when i do the design, it looks absolutely perfect, then i export it (deleting the hosting files in exostance first, or not deleting them, makes no difference to the outcome) .... once the site is publish for a second time, and files have changed, then when it comes back into the computer from the internet, it views corrupted, UNLESS ONE DELETES THE COMPUTERS BROWSING HISTORY. This should not happen, because who has to delete their browsing history first, in order to view a website correctly? PLEASE SOMEONE :-) PLEASE COME UP WITH THE ANSWER FOR ME. And just to add, the fact that AFTER ONE DELETES THE BROWSING HISTORY, and then goes onto the site again, and then the site COMES THRU PERFECTLY, tells me that the host is holding ALL the correct data, ALL THE CORRECT TEXT, ALL THE CORRECT IMAGES ... it;s not as if the images sizes are at all incorrect ... IF ONE DELETES THE BROWSING HISTORY, the site comes thru correctly ... until i edit again on my site in XARA, republish, and again the site shows incorrectly, until i delete my browsing history again .... what is going on? PLease someone, help me:-) Thanks so much. gleNNscheun.com gleNNscheun@gmail.com