Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Blackberry problems w/ Xara WD- images and text panels

Hi all,

I am having a couple of problems with my website. It displays fine in IE and Firefox. But when I go to my Blackberry, only a couple of images appear (all the others show just the alt-text). The images that do appear sometimes vary. I thought that maybe it was memory problems of my BB but I checked on a more advanced phone and the same happens. Also, all xara templates from the website display perfectly on my blackberry.

Now my second problem is text panels. The text panels in all of Xara templates and my own website do not display right on my Blackberry. Is there any known fix for this?

I attached a couple of images of how things are looking right now on my BB. I hope this helps so someone can help me :-)

Thanks a lot.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02964.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	34.8 KB 
ID:	79916Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02963.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	45.7 KB 
ID:	79917

Default Re: Blackberry problems w/ Xara WD- images and text panels

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Xara products are not really optimized for creating mobile content. This may change in a future release, but for now they are best used for creating a traditional website made to be viewed on a computer screen.

You could experiment with a simpler website and see how that works.

NetObjects Fusion 12 is offering mobile device support but I have not upgraded to the new version yet so I cannot comment on it.

But this is getting to be more of an issue for web content development. And one is hopeful we will see more support for mobile devices in future releases.

Also check the size of your images. Mobile phones are slow and often people create websites with ridiculous sizes of image graphices that aren't appropriate for mobile devices.

Thank you both. Actually figured out the problems with the images not displaying... and it had nothing to do with Xara. I am still testing the site before rolling it out so I had it password protected. As soon as I allowed "read" and entered the website without having to enter a password, all the images displayed just fine.

Still dealing with the text panel problem though... it appears the problem lies in left-aligned and justified panels. Right-aligned and center are mostly fine. I hope someone can shed some light...

Thanks!

I have a restaurant (ricepaddyrestaurant.com) website that wanted their page to appear on a mobile format when accessed by a mobile device. I used a site called Webcrumbz.net. It allows you to recreate your site on a mobile platform and they give you code to embed into your site that will automatically transfer you to the mobile site. Its not perfect but it does work. I understand that Adobe CS3 Dreamweaver now has the capability to build for a mobile site.
    Richard Burton
    I'd rather be sailing!

Quote Originally Posted by riburton View Post
    I understand that Adobe CS3 Dreamweaver now has the capability to build for a mobile site.
    Even notepad has the capability to build a mobile site..

There are loads of mobile website designing resources out there, but unfortunately they're not always terribly helpful.This one, however, is:

If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.