Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Links

Default Links

Hi I'm can't link pages within the same site to each other, I've tried saving each page with a different name but when I use the link icon at the top of the page and open the link to 'page' and hit the drop down, none of the names I've used to save other pages appear. Can you please help. It's really getting me down that I can't complete my site without these links working properly.

Default Re: Links

Welcome to TalkGraphics

I am not sure how you are attempting to do this, but select the button or linked text, open the Website Properties > Link menu, click the drop down list for Link to Page and select a page.

Now here is where you might be going astray. Click APPLY. If you don't click Apply the link is not created.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	link-to-page.gif 
Views:	100 
Size:	21.4 KB 
ID:	79914  

Hi Thanks for that. In the GIF you've attached it shows the pages added in the web site. ie workbook_1 etc. I cannot get the other pages I have made to appear in this drop down. I have opened each of these pages and saved them all separatly but they still don't appear on this drop down.

Agree,
    you do not need to (should not) save these pages as seperate files. You need to add more pages in the same document "edit > pages" then new or duplicate. when you have done this you will see the new pages in the drop down menu in web properties.
    Hope this helps,
    Peter

Peter I've re-built as you've suggested so it all appears as separate but continous pages of the home page. However. when I upload it, the links go to a blank page even though the page site have been uploaded. Any suggestions. Have a look at www.filtersandstrainers.co.uk to see what's happening. Thanks Robin

Argee....

I went to your web page and all the links work fine for me.... I am using IE 8

Waltn

Agree,
    Your links work fine for me too.
    You may want to consider giving your pages more meaningful names though, it make it easier when you need to make changes. The only page that needs to be called index is your home page.
    You can do this in "Wesite properties > Page tab" in there you can change the page name and the page title, the page title is displayed in the title bar of your web browser. Google uses this for searches.
    One more tip, when naming pages try to avoid spaces as they are not recognised correctly, if you wan to seprate words use an underscore "_" .
    Hope this helps,
    Peter