Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

xdp6 XDP gives strange popup when opening

The Xara products I have used have usually started with a check for updates then a tip of the day.

My current Xara Designer Pro has an usual popup upon starting. Just shows "Heading Text/Sample Text" (image attached). I close this and get the usual Tip of the Day.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xdp_header.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	76.0 KB 
ID:	79919

I have manually asked the program to check for updates and the program says I have most current version.
    Running on Win 7/64bit as standard user not admin.

Anyone have any idea what is happening and how to fix?
    Thanks!
    Last edited by samrc; 13 February 2011 at 04:25 AM. Reason: add computer info
    -Samantha
    "Try to live your life so that you wouldn't be afraid to sell the family parrot to the town gossip." Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Default Re: XDP gives strange popup when opening

The more important question Samantha is How's your hearing?

Xara is probably not aware of this. They use these screens to feed live announcements and product upgrade information. I do not use Xtreme 5 very often but when I open it up I get one of those screens telling me I should upgrade to Designer Pro 6 (which is what I use).

I would ignore it, or better still just see what the next message is.

Here's the thing.... I am not using XXP5.
    I am using a registered version of XDP6 when I get this popup.
    Adds to the strangeness of the situation don't you think?

Have had the SAME message for a couple weeks now. Always Header/Sample text, always shows XXP5.

If XDP6 is trying to tell me something, will it get through if XXP5 notices are showing?

By the way, I have never had XXP5 installed on this machine - started clean with XDP6.
    -Samantha
    "Try to live your life so that you wouldn't be afraid to sell the family parrot to the town gossip." Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Have you put a check mark in the 'Don't show this again' at the bottom left? I notice on the screen gra it is not.
    Jim

Yup. Very strange.
    I had that as well even though I am using XDP6.

It's as Scotty (Jim) says, just put a tick in the box so that it doesn't display again.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

We have a different thread going, that I started, elsewhere on TG. I got the same thing last month:
    Bhav says it's erroneous code, not a sohw-stopper, originally intended as a reminder box for upgrades or whatever.

The remedy is to tick the Don't Show Again box, and actually this went away all by itself on my system after two weeks.

My Best,

Gary

I have considered checking the box.
    Have not done it for fear this would prevent XDP from notification of new updates, etc using the pop-up. Anyone know the consequences?

Not on the forum very often so could miss patch/upgrade notices unless program tells me. Used to depend on program popups and monthly newsletters, but one is faulty and other goes missing for last couple months even though the email addy is saved as protected (non-spam)...(Nov-Jan outsider misisng, not in filters and verified subscription status w/xara too... worked for years fine. Dunno...maybe I have a gremlin)

I did not see other thread or would have posted my concerns there. Sorry.
    Last edited by samrc; 15 February 2011 at 04:50 PM. Reason: edited months...
    -Samantha