Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default client side searching

Hi All
    I am most of the way through a large site that will be published to a DVD ROM instead of the web so will be installing a client side search engine - then I had a sudden panic!! I remember that xara uses text as a graphic file - I am assuming that the text still sits in the html and will be discoverable to the search tool ???

also any one got any ideas how i can lock a row of graphics at the top of the screen while the page scrolls (not a nav bar - just a row of images above each column of scrolling text

thanks a lot

Default Re: client side searching

If your text is inside a group it will not be exported as text, but graphic, and will not be searchable - by default.
    If you apply a name to your grouped text object 'HTMLtext' it will be exported as text, and thus be searchable.
    Check the exported html to be sure.

thanks for the reply Bjorn - can you help me with exactly how I do this as Im a bit worried I have gone too far without bearing this problem in mind -(site is already >100 pages) - i also have a list of flags on one page with each country name under it as a single block of text - what is my fastest & most elegant way around this

As long as you keep your text ungrouped they will export as text, and be searchable.
    But if you group text with some graphic, like for a button, it will export as a single graphic, and is not searchable..
    If you want to keep text that is inside a group as text, and searchable, you need to select the text object/block/column, rightclick and select 'Name...'.
    Add the name 'HTMLtext' (without the quotes) and it should be exported as text.
    The best is to do a few tests, look at the html exported, and you'll easily see what is text and what is not.