Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: xara webdesigner web publishing ftp problem

Looks good now!

Glad you managed to sort it out.

greatful for the help, but now i add/change the webpage and when i publish it the online webpage does not reflect the changes neither txt or gadgets many thanks for time

Not sure what changes you made, but the site looks good on my side. Sometimes you need to refresh your browser after making changes. Remember that your browser (Internet Explorer for example) stores some information about pages you visit in order to reduce loading time when re-visiting.

Try refreshing the page using the refresh/reload icon in your browser or by pressing F5.

thanks jon, i added a hit counter at the bottom of the home page, and then put large text across (over the top of original txt) saying we have our shoot this sunday, also the links on the download page dont work, many thanks for all the help, i am slowely learning

Could you supply a link to the counter widget provider so i can see what their instructions are?

Also, i see the download links are grouped together, so were exported as a graphic without links. When grouping icons, make sure that you use Utilities > Apply Soft Group so that the icons function individually, and retain their links when exporting.

Try and ungroup them and start again, making sure that they are soft-grouped rather than grouped as a graphic. I suspect this because when i looked at your source code and followed the link to jpeg http://www.cooloolaarchers.org/home_htm_files/35.jpg and the the one for 34.jpg the icons came up as one graphic. There are also no links associated with them.

Not sure about the large text heading... perhaps you should try and click on it and then Arrange > Bring to Front

this is the counter link, will try the other advice when i get home many thanks for help

http://www.free-counters.co.uk/pages...ee_counter.php

well stubbeness pays off....it was in the uploading to server...i was uploading to either the root folder did not work then tried subfolder /public.html still no good so then changed publish wizard to subfolder /public_html and woohoo all is good, hope this makes sense many thanks Jon for help, i want to add a calender with shoot dates etc can you recommend anything or in fact anything to add to site once again many thanks all

Thought I'd just add my tupennywth; the error message I got on attempting to publish was "index_htm_files: The system cannot find the file specified."
    NOTHING worked for me, and the only way I can publish is to
    1) delete EVERYTHING in a "website" directory on my own hard drive
    2) delete EVERYTHING on my directory at the destination server
    3) export xara's "index.web" to my hard drive.
    4) separately, FTP "index.htm" and "index_htm_files" (the latter AS A DIRECTORY) to the appropriate directory in the destination server.
    If someone can advise what I'm doing wrong, and how I can save time, please let me know!!
    Steve