Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Cool promo for 3D software $10/$40 Messiah studio 5

3D software worth $499/$1195-pro on a promotion rally, get it for $10/$40-pro but only if enough people "Dare to Share"

http://projectmessiah.com/x6/shop.html

So I'm sharing here for those who might want to get into 3D and want to get some big-boy toys. Videos look good.

Also refund will be made if the challenge is not met. I personally got the Pro version.
    Has a pipeline to modo too.
    My Humble Studio is here: SciRPG Studio

Default Re: Cool promo for 3D software $10/$40 Messiah studio 5

Before anyone gets too carried away, it's a great offer but doesn't include any modelling capability, so you will need some other software. My other word of caution is that for the 3D uninitiated, this is serious software and as such has a steep learning curve for the newbie.

That said, the offer price is a bargain.

Yep, correct...

This software is basically a complex "studio" for you to import your meshes into.
    Once in there, you can rig/bone, animate, apply hair and particles, design shaders for your meshes, arrange music/soundtracks, light and render out your scenes into movies.
    Some of the tools do incredible things, you can set up morphs to your characters, you can even melt them into puddles of goo.
    Check out all the videos to get a taste of what this can do.

I use truespace and Hexagon to create my meshes and UV map them, I've been using Cararra 7pro for my animation software, but I've had some real annoying problems with it, mostly with creating animation clips and merging them together as well as maintaining morphs (which somehow gradually become de-morphed as I save).
    I see Messiah as being a great replacement, and now being an affordable one...

The meter is now at 50% (as I post), and the special will end at 100%, when I purchased it (a day ago), the meter was only 15-20%, so this will only take a matter of days before this offer is gone.

So I don't think we have to worry about them not making the 100% goal... if by chance they do not make the goal, they will refund your money.

And for those who want a pretty cool 3D app for free, Caligari trueSpace 7.61 is still available for download from their website here: http://www.caligari.com/downloads.html
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

the promo is at like 98%-99%, lookes like we will get our SN's!!

Yeah, Truespace is ok, its a little backwards from other 3D software but it functions very well as a stand-alone 3D application.
    Everything is there to model, UV, animate and render within one program.
    The UV features are a little flat but everything works.

"On February 14th 2011 the goal was met."

I guess Blender is also a freebie alternative to TrueSpace.

I bought a copy of Messiah Studio... seems quite good.

Since Blender is free, perhaps one can use Blender for modeling and import the model into Messiah for animation.