Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

This is the first model I built in over 20 years, and my first made from vinyl. I watched videos and read to gain techniques, then did the best I could.

I recently photographed it with my digital camera, and did everything else with Photoshop, except for the main title, which was done in RealDraw Pro, an excellent program for tapping your creative potential, though it too was refined further with Photoshop. This one is suffering from a LOT of compression to get it this small....

This is just a portfolio piece, no such silly magazine exists! Any constructive criticism would be welcomed!

Danny Huff
    http://www.asherrocks.com
    (I'm the guy who USED to have a lot of excess hair)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BadGuyModelerSmall.jpg 
Views:	374 
Size:	72.2 KB 
ID:	848  

This is the first model I built in over 20 years, and my first made from vinyl. I watched videos and read to gain techniques, then did the best I could.

I recently photographed it with my digital camera, and did everything else with Photoshop, except for the main title, which was done in RealDraw Pro, an excellent program for tapping your creative potential, though it too was refined further with Photoshop. This one is suffering from a LOT of compression to get it this small....

This is just a portfolio piece, no such silly magazine exists! Any constructive criticism would be welcomed!

Danny Huff

Danny thats really cool [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] .....good posing also.The only thing I might possibly add is wings,but then again that might be a bad idea.

Do you also sculpt with clay Danny?

Stu.

Yup, Stu, I sure do. I did a sculpture of an alien holding a human skull, of which I'm particularly fond, and I'll get a good pic of it soon and post it.

I haven't had much time to do any sculpting for a while, though. Since my previous occupation of 22+ years has hit hard times, I've been too busy trying to find a job. And TOO many GREAT computer programs, like Photoshop, Xara, and Zbrush take up what little creative time I have left! My kids take the rest!

By the way, the Green Goblin has NEVER had wings, far as I can recollect. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Thank you for the compliments!

Danny Huff

Doh so the Green goblin is also a Marvel character {I dont get out enough} [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

I have always wanted to sculpt in clay,I might have to try it one day.I am however absolute crapola with wood carving,I forget to plan out the object and usually end up with no nose room etc [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

.I saw a guy do amazing sculpting wth silicon {think it was silicon} gel of some kind and a pair of tweezers once,it was just amazing to watch.

Stu.

That is completely incredible!