Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Links not working

Quote Originally Posted by argee View Post
    I think I've uploaded the index page www.filtersandstrainers.co.uk OK The problem goes back to writing the page in Web 6. When I try to set up using each image as a link, using the 'link' menu (Chain icon at the top of the page) it gives various choices but I cannot find the correct way to give the various pages different names that will then come up in the 'link to page' Any thoughts please. drop down menu.
    Robin, you can also name your pages using the 'Page & Layer Gallery'. Utilities > Galleries > Page & Layer Gallery

Clicking once on a page name selects it... a second time allows you to edit it. Naming your pages here will allow you to select the correct pages more easily when setting up your links.

Keep in mind that the page names given here will be used in the URL of each page when published, so don't use spaces... rather use dashes between words eg: products-stainless-steel

Another bit of advice... sorry if it's a little off-topic, but i thought i should mention it while we are on the Page & Layer Gallery. I suggest choosing one page design (with the main elements you would like to use throughout your site) that you are happy with and duplicating it in the 'Page and Layer Gallery' for all the pages on your site (if appropriate).

This ensures that your design is consistent throughout, and prevents the little jumps in either direction from happening when navigating from page to page. After doing this, you can edit each page and add the unique content you would like to appear on them.

Hope this helps

Post your .web file so that someone can take a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnm View Post
    I did the right click and hit 'apply' and the links are still not working. Tried the 'bring to front' and that did nothing.

I also have a line of type that has a link and it shows up in the Web Designer 6 as a link; but when I preview the page the link is no longer there.

Any other suggestions?
    Thanks.
    Hi Johnm!

The icons don't appear as links when viewing the site, perhaps for the following reason:

It's possible that they may be grouped, and not soft-grouped. If you group a collection of links they will be exported as one image and lose all their links.

The correct thing to do would be to soft-group your icons so that they are connected, but still preserve their links. Try the following: Click on one of the icons... you might find that all are selected... then Arrange > Ungroup. The icons should be separate now. Select all the icons (holding down shift while clicking on each one) and then Arrange > Apply Soft Group

Hopefully, your icon-links will work if you preview after this (provided the links have been set correctly).