Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Links not working

I have worked in PS4 and other software; but am having trouble figuring out why my links are not working. I am using Web Designer 6.

I have a test site at:
    http://www.mobileadconnection.com/testpage/index.htm

I want the icons to be the actual links; so when pressed it takes you to the page.

Any suggestions about what I did wrong or missed would be helpful. Checked through other similar responses; bu nothing similar.

Thanks.

Default Re: Links not working

Right-Click on your icon and select web properties. There are options there to link to web pages when clicked.

Already did all that...link to web or email address, etc. Links still not working when test is uploaded. Any other suggestions?

Your icons are definitely no links, they are just .png files. Perhaps you could post your .web file so that someone here can find out what's wrong with it.

By the way, the rest of your web page is one big .png file of 1.8 MB and some smaller-sized .png files. I suggest you export them as .jpegs as it will reduce loading time considerably. I also suggest that you export text as text when you use web-safe fonts (good for search engines).

John,
    did you click "Apply" after entering each link? If you don't none of your changes will be remembered!
    Regards
    Peter

Hi I'm having a similar problem, My home page is www.filtersandstrainers.co.uk Each image of perforated sheet is supposed to be a link to another page within the same site but it's just not working. I've tried saving the other pages with a different name but that name isn't coming up in the drop down menu when I use the link icon at the top. I'm using Web Designer 6. Can you help please. Thanks Robin

Robin, can you post your .web file? I'm sure someone can help you locate the problem.

I think I've uploaded the index page www.filtersandstrainers.co.uk OK The problem goes back to writing the page in Web 6. When I try to set up using each image as a link, using the 'link' menu (Chain icon at the top of the page) it gives various choices but I cannot find the correct way to give the various pages different names that will then come up in the 'link to page' Any thoughts please. drop down menu.

Argee...

I mentioned in your other post that your links from the images are working fine at your noted web site above. Try right clicking on the image and click on "web properties" at the bottom of the pop-up menu and then click on "Link" tab to access the choices for links... be sure to click on the Apply button when finished entering the link information.

You can also rename the current page using this same menu and clicking on the Page tab.. Hope this helps

Waltn

I did the right click and hit 'apply' and the links are still not working. Tried the 'bring to front' and that did nothing.

I also have a line of type that has a link and it shows up in the Web Designer 6 as a link; but when I preview the page the link is no longer there.

Any other suggestions?
    Thanks.