Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Corel Draw

Default Corel Draw

Hi,
    I am looking to buy Corel Draw but I don't know which one to buy. I don't want to spend big bucks.I was hoping someone here could help me.I already have PSPX3 & CS3.I am going to take some on line classes to learn how to design my own digital scrap booking kits.I would like to make some of my own elements.This is why I would like to invest in Corel Draw.I would like to start out with a 30 day free trial first to see if I can use this program,I understand it is hard to learn,is this true?Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Marilyng
    IP

Default Re: Corel Draw

I use Corel draw X3. I need to upgrade to 4 or 5. I started with this http://www.serif.com/free-graphic-de...ware/index.asp I'd buy the latest version x5.
    IP

Not much harder to use than xara once you get hang of it although CD is probably not as fast as xara. Google up Scott Georgeson for training. Check amazon.com, just saw full CD X5 graphic suite for $330.
    Joe
    IP

Marilyng, as an owner of DRAW back to V11, I would suggest to go to www.corel.com and odwnload the trial version. If you are used to XARA it is closer to Draw than the others that you mentioned. I have recently been trying a version of CS2 that came loaded on a PowerMac and I am having a hard time with the drawing tools. I think DRAW's tools are closer to the way that I draw things, but it might just be the experience with the program. In X5, you will love the new color pallette that updates itself with the colors that you have used in the current file so you can go back to use it without guessing. Also, they have a new way to get the files that you need, but I haven't used it much. I love X5 and can'timagine going backwards. chuckray

Amazon.com may also be a good resource for DRAW that may not be current. X3, X4 are good versions and each is better than the last IMHO. Good luck
    IP

I value my Corel Draw Suite of 3,4,5, very highly. You can scan drawings and photos then later use them in other programs like Xara,Inkscape,Illustrator, MS Expression,and so on if you wish. I like the B-Spline in X5. No software program has everything in my opinion. I use them all being the software junkie I am. You will find some of the best prices on EBAY.

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...All-Categories
    IP