Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Art tutorials?

Default Art tutorials?

I'm new to Xara Designer Pro 6 & was wondering if there are tutorials for graphic art?

Default Re: Art tutorials?

Hi GARoss,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

The Xara Xone has over 10 years of free monthly tutorials. Xara Designer Pro 6 is the latest version from Xara, all the tutorials for previous versions (Xtreme, X¹, and X) are applicable to Designer Pro.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thanks. Yes, I've done a number of those & I've learned a great deal. What I'd like to do is convert a photo to a work of art; or part photo, part with a different background. Just a little overwhelmed as to where to start. Need a push in the right direction.

Designer Pro 6 came with a number of samples that are more like paintings; many have people & animals, not objects or cartoons as with most tutorials. That is what I was hoping for, something more like this (http://www.graphics.com/modules.php?...view_photo.php) as a tutorial.

I realize that this sample is loaded with detail & not practical for a tutorial but something more like a painting with human subjects than a cartoons or objects is what I was hoping to fine.

Welcome to TalkGraphics

The image you linked to is 100% vector illustration. And it takes a whole lot skill and talent to draw that well.

But you can experiment. Try importing a photo into XD6 and then apply different filters in the Live Effects Tool. There are a series of preset artistic filters in the Art Filter > Painting menu. Several of these create some very painterly effects.

Thanks. There's much to learn! I realize these are very advanced but that is the direction I'd like to go.

I'll do that, then perhaps post when I need help with a particular effect. Maybe that would be the best approach.

We'll be here.